jpsciteacher

WTB rangefinder

Looking for something decent but on the cheaper side. New to archery and would like something reliable to use. PM if you’ve got something you’d sell, or post your recommendations below. Items/models/brands to stay away from also would help. 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, jpsciteacher said:

Looking for something decent but on the cheaper side. New to archery and would like something reliable to use. PM if you’ve got something you’d sell, or post your recommendations below. Items/models/brands to stay away from also would help. 

Thanks.

You mentioned you will be using it for archery, but get one that will also reach out there (1,000 yards +) in case you decide to do any long range hunting later.  I have the Sig Sauer Kilo2000 and love it.  If you end up buying a used rangefinder, I would shy away from the first generation Leupold rangefinders.  They were not user friendly (if you had a animal that went beyond 75 yds, you would have to start pressing buttons to take it out of Archery mode and put it in Rifle mode).  Ain't nobody got time for that. 🙂  Keep in mind when a rangefinder says it ranges out to 1,000 yds., that is for a reflective object and big game animals are usually about 1/2 of that advertised distance.  Also make sure you get a rangefinder that compensates the angle when you are not shooting from level ground (like hills, tree stands, etc...  Sportsman's Warehouse has this one on sell: https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-gear-supplies/rangefinders-nightvision/sig-sauer-kilo1000-rangefinder/p/1532182     Google best rangefinders and read the reviews.            

Good luck in your search.  Craig

• Like 1

I saw that one and I also will use for rifle hunting as well. Thanks for info.

• Like 1

I have a generation 1 rangefinder Simmons that I will give you for a case of A&W Root Beer.
Think old, huge 200 yrd max under best conditions.  :D  And possibly nearly impossible to find in my piles of stuff.