Sign in to follow this  
Opening Morning

Winchester model 94 30-30

I was trying to research the serial but 1974 doesn't seem right Swampokie do you know by chance the year of manufacture

Dang that's a nice lookin gun. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AZHunter1 said:

Dang that's a nice lookin gun. 

The receiver looks pitted and the blueing is worn, the stock has quite a few dings too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

The receiver looks pitted and the blueing is worn, the stock has quite a few dings too.

For a gun that old and it’s intended use(saddle gun) it’s fairly pristine in my opinion 

• Like 4

I’m a 78 Model and my pits and worn blueing is a dang sir more than that beauty      dang sexy!!! Nice to see a real gun in the age of the Tupperware warrior posing upper/lower piecing pansy gun owner 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Dog natzi

Grammar natzi

Now a classified gun sale  natzi.

Dang, you don't need to comment on everything on here. Mostly know it all, negative chit. stfu a little dude.

• Like 9

It’s not pitted... There was an era of the 94’s that had bluing problems. Winchester had problems because of the steel alloy they used, the receivers would come out purple. So they would plate the receiver with another metal and then blue over that.  The only way to fix it (if you want to fix it) is to cerakote/durakote or pay big money to have it case hardened. There is only one person i’ve heard of that is successful with case hardening those receivers and that is Turnbull Restorations. You cannot reblue them. I have one and it’s the same way but mine is from my childhood and my first deer rifle and i’m not touching it. 

It looks great just the way it is!

• Like 3

It would make a good jeep/road  gun is my thought on a good gun.