This past weekend, my wife had to buy beef (other than some good ribeyes a few times a year).  The freezer is almost empty.  Just a few packages of deer left.  Some sausage, 1 roast, and we ate the last of the backstraps from Taylor's 2019 buck last night.  The 2019 pronghorn are long gone.

With no elk tags since 2017, and only one deer tag in 2019 (2016 was the last deer before that) and two pronghorn in 2019 (which don't produce a lot of meat anyway), we had to buy beef for the first time in about 8 years.  We had a good run of luck with tags since 2012. 

No elk tags this year to fill the freezer, and only two pronghorn tags on the docket right now, I am really hoping for a deer tag. 

To be honest, I have forgotten what a beef roast tastes like.  

• Sad 2

My youngest has a 7w rifle bull tag if u want to tag along.  Take a rear quarter home with u and also have fun.  

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Adicted said:

My youngest has a 7w rifle bull tag if u want to tag along.  Take a rear quarter home with u and also have fun.  

My son-in-law has the same tag.  I will be up there trying to help him fill it.  Keep an eye out for me in the 4Runner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanley said:

Sad, indeed......

Hang-in there, Lance!!!    Only 10 weeks to pronghorn season!  ;) 

See you there!

• Like 1

When you get some pronghorn I will trade you for some elk if you want. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

When you get some pronghorn I will trade you for some elk if you want. 

You must be 'in the know'!!   I had never tasted pronghorn until 3 years ago when my oldest son and I first hunted them.  VERY tasty meat!!!   For me, it is the best tasting of all wild game I have sampled. ;) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Sounds like it’s time to go shoot a bison or buy a side of beef.

Seems to me I remember him harvesting a bison already but can't remember if that was a depredation tag that would not have counted towards the bag limit.  

4 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

This past weekend, my wife had to buy beef (other than some good ribeyes a few times a year).  The freezer is almost empty.  Just a few packages of deer left.  Some sausage, 1 roast, and we ate the last of the backstraps from Taylor's 2019 buck last night.  The 2019 pronghorn are long gone.

With no elk tags since 2017, and only one deer tag in 2019 (2016 was the last deer before that) and two pronghorn in 2019 (which don't produce a lot of meat anyway), we had to buy beef for the first time in about 8 years.  We had a good run of luck with tags since 2012. 

No elk tags this year to fill the freezer, and only two pronghorn tags on the docket right now, I am really hoping for a deer tag. 

To be honest, I have forgotten what a beef roast tastes like.  

I’m cutting up a cow in a month I’ll hook you up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stanley said:

You must be 'in the know'!!   I had never tasted pronghorn until 3 years ago when my oldest son and I first hunted them.  VERY tasty meat!!!   For me, it is the best tasting of all wild game I have sampled. ;) 

I have had it twice. Once was very forgettable, the other was sensational. I am willing to gamble some elk to try and hit sensational again. :)

• Like 1