speed goat is the best meat , hoped to grab 4 tags in Wyoming, I have early 6a bull if I connect I throw you some goodness , Kids are gone and its a lot of meat.

3 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

speed goat is the best meat , hoped to grab 4 tags in Wyoming, I have early 6a bull if I connect I throw you some goodness , Kids are gone and its a lot of meat.

They are in my front yard in 6a between 4-6 every night if you’re into shooting them off a rocking chair on porch 😂

1 hour ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

They are in my front yard in 6a between 4-6 every night if you’re into shooting them off a rocking chair on porch 😂

Yes, yes , and yes

• Like 1

or my ranch up in MT. back porch 600 meters away check out whats for supper at the salt blocks. Have choice of Deer/Elk/Moose/Sheep/Goat

P.S.

the salt blocks are for the cattle and horses when I have them in the north pasture

Yeah that tuff, but beef is delicious.  Buy a kids 4H/FFA beef that doesn’t make the sale and your freezer will be stocked. You can always buy a LO cow tag in NM but when it’s all done you will have paid as much as what a  beef cost.  I like elk and my kid has kept us in elk meat for the last 5 ears with the youth tags, but I LOVE beef

• Like 1

We had this same problem a couple years back. We found some humor in it. My wife went to the store and picked up some steaks, we grilled them for dinner. My middle daughter at the time was probably 15 years old. We started eating, I looked across the table she was probably three bites into it with a funny look on her face. I asked her what a matter she said what is this, I said a steak she said I know that  from what. An Elk,Deer,Antelope we have not had Moose for ever. My wife and I looked at her and said a cow she said it doesn’t taste like Elk we laughed and said a beef cow.  Lance good luck on the Goat hunts. 

• Like 3

I don't remember what antelope taste like, been over 40 years.since I've had it. But growing up it was venison, antelope, quail and rabbit.

Those NM landowners permits helped keep meat on the table.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I don't remember what antelope taste like, been over 40 years.since I've had it. But growing up it was venison, antelope, quail and rabbit.

Those NM landowners permits helped keep meat on the table.

Yes, Edge!  Those NM landowners permits definitely help! ;)   (As a total side note, as I self reflect I feel a little hypocritical.  I will stand staunchly against landowner tags here in AZ, but I sure do like that NM has them!)   Regarding the taste of antelope, I find it to be a very mild tasting meat.  No overt taste one way or the other, just a nice mild meat that cooks up nicely with almost any preparation and/or seasoning that I have tried.

S.