bigbuckkiller

First Time applying

Just curious if anybody knows the answer to this.? I'm putting my son in for deer this year. He will be turning 10 which means he is a new customer when applying. I don't want him to have a department generated hunter ID. I would prefer his hunter ID be his SS#. When I tried to purchase him a license or apply for the draw it doesn't give me the option to use his SS#.. it just automatically generates a department ID number. Is there any way around this? Thanks

I’m pretty sure you can’t use SS# for the department ID for the past few years.  At least it let me with my 16yo son but wouldn’t let me with a 13yo when he put in or my 10yo this year.  But I didn’t call in

You will have to generate an Id. However, you can then contact gf and they will change it. They made me and my wife physically go in but my brother was able to get them to change it over the phone 

Actually you are safer if you DONT use your SS# for your Dept. ID.  Unless you trust the G&F data base with all of your info to never get hacked.   😷 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

Actually you are safer if you DONT use your SS# for your Dept. ID.  Unless you trust the G&F data base with all of your info to never get hacked.   😷 

Even if you get a Dept ID you still have to provide your SS#.

I didn't know you can change it. I'd also prefer it to be the ss but let the computer generate one for my 2 youngest.  Great info, thanks for the post

You can change it but when you fill out the online tag app you still have to put in your SSN.