Lmute

2020 Unit 10 antelope

Hello all,

Tons of firsts for me here, first time on the forum, first antelope hunt and first time hunting Unit 10.

Im trying to figure out where to hunt / starting point for scouting. I’m on google earth and OnX trying to make sense of all the ranches , public lands and private lands as I debate hunting on the big Boquillas. 

Does anyone have any maps (or a napkin sketch) that show the other ranch boundaries ? So far I thing I’ve  been able to ID the Big Bo, Babbitt and Perrin but looking for Diamond A.

I hear the whole unit is prime for antelope but can’t decide if it’s worth the fees to go on the big Bo.

Any area recommendations, hunting tactics, or general wisdom about hunting antelope in this unit would be greatly appreciated. 

OnX makes it really clear.  Every parcel is labeled.  Buy the Bo permit.  If you do that hunt right that should be a drop in the bucket compared to what you’ll be spending on gas scouting.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lmute said:

I think I had 4 or 5. I was caught off guard when I got drawn for sure.

Goes to show you it is all luck of the draw.  I had 25 BPs and didn't draw a 10 tag as my 1st choice.

Congrats, hope you slay a toad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

Goes to show you it is all luck of the draw.  I had 25 BPs and didn't draw a 10 tag as my 1st choice.

He drew an archery tag if that takes away a little of the sting.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

He drew an archery tag if that takes away a little of the sting.

A little.

Like this week end, water, cedar edges, open meadows. Really good bino's. You'll see them all-day long..

16 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Go up and scout all summer long. If you don’t find a buck your looking for before your hunt just turn the tag back in. You wouldn’t be the first. 

With only burning 4 or 5 points, hunt it no matter what rather than turning the tag back in. You’re playing with house money at this point! 

• Like 6

My 11 year old grandson drew it this year. It's going to be my funnest hunt of the year. Don't know about the diamond a. I would def get the big bo permit. I can not imagine having the tag and cutting off half the unit unless you find a giant off the ranch before the bo opens for public scouting.   

On 6/6/2020 at 6:56 AM, lancetkenyon said:

I am the exact same, 25pts and 10 1st choice. No tag.

• Sad 1