Lmute

2020 Unit 10 antelope

41 minutes ago, jim said:

My 11 year old grandson drew it this year. It's going to be my funnest hunt of the year. Don't know about the diamond a. I would def get the big bo permit. I can not imagine having the tag and cutting off half the unit unless you find a giant off the ranch before the bo opens for public scouting.   

Congrats on the tag! After diving into to some more maps it seems like the Diamond A ranch is part of the big Bo. 

I think the plan is to scout the more public ranches and learn habits as well as spot and stalk strategies. I’m able to be out there  the whole duration of the hunt so turning  in my tag isn’t in my plan. 

On archery antelope water is key,the bow won't let you set water.Find some public that antelope are hiting and wait them out.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:56 AM, lancetkenyon said:

Goes to show you it is all luck of the draw.  I had 25 BPs and didn't draw a 10 tag as my 1st choice.

Congrats, hope you slay a toad.

Count your blessings. Unit 10 is on a bad path.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dpduckhunter13 said:

You can say that again 🤢

It was not like it use to be, or what I’ve been told it use to be. Very few antelope are in the big bo anymore.. I did fill my tag on the 8th day though! Not quite Pope and Young but it’s my first archery kill so it’s a trophy to me! 

good luck out there everyone!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lmute said:

It was not like it use to be, or what I’ve been told it use to be. Very few antelope are in the big bo anymore.. I did fill my tag on the 8th day though! Not quite Pope and Young but it’s my first archery kill so it’s a trophy to me! 

good luck out there everyone!

Same as the early rifle bull elk hunts there a few years ago. Way too many tags. They’ve been hunted into the ground. Not just hard to find bucks, hard to find goats.

• Like 2

Too many antelope tags and no predator control on ranch due to new rules. Blame G&F for too many tags and Wildlife Manger for ranch that limits access which equals a lot of coyotes and no fawn survival.  

• Like 3