Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

How many hunters vote?

My second biggest gripe and one big reason for a lack of friends, I just can’t respect someone who talks a big talk all dang day and doesn’t vote. I was a mess when I was young and had a crap run as a kid so when I fought to dig myself out of my youth I was proud when I was able to vote and join in as a decent citizen, if you look at voter turn out it is sad, just embarrassing actually. Until we fix the local law making votes by adding weighted votes based on electoral college type model the major cities will always decide for the rural communities which if I had to guess have a larger percentage of registered voters over cities. I am just tired really, just dang tired of the lack of common sense and respect for ones self. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the majority of hunters “using this term lightly “ don’t vote. I went to a few game and fish meetings including the ones for raising the cost of license and tags and you guessed it, 3 dudes showed up. There were more game and fish employees than public by 3 to one. I wish I had a good fix, I don’t but I really wish I had something that would help. 

• Like 3

I used to know some hunters and alot of fishermen who dont vote, there easy to tell as they are the ones always E scouting, the ones that only come to a forum to sell shoot and get info, they will never participate in the forum either. we did a poll on this a ton of years ago on AZBZ it confirmed my suspicions about people and the way they act on a forum.

I vote early and often.  Yes, I vote.

• Like 1

Everyone of age in my house votes. 

Me, my wife, my parents and in laws all vote conservative and in person at the polls.  Too many crazies out there trying to destroy the country to not vote 

• Like 2

I've voted every year since 76. Three things I've never done. I've never golfed, been with a man, or voted for a democrat. Never been tempted on any either.

• Like 2

It's interesting how uninformed, especially the young adults, can be but that has not changed since I was a youth.  I will confess up front my first presidential vote was cast for Jimmy Carter, where he lost his bid as the incumbent president to Reagan.  I had no idea what platform he ran on.  I feel so ashamed! I was in college at the U of A so was undoubtedly influenced by that.  There is so much pressure from the news media and government schools, I wonder how these young adults are not duped.  My "kids" are now 30-somethings and way more informed and quite biased in the reverse direction so I feel pretty good about that.    

The year I turned 18 I missed Election Day because I was hunting in unit 32, ever since I vote early ballot by mail.  

5 hours ago, missedagain said:

The year I turned 18 I missed Election Day because I was hunting in unit 32, ever since I vote early ballot by mail.  

Ahhh my favorite avatar. How ya doin, bro? Long time no see

5 hours ago, Big Tub said:

It's interesting how uninformed, especially the young adults, can be but that has not changed since I was a youth.  I will confess up front my first presidential vote was cast for Jimmy Carter, where he lost his bid as the incumbent president to Reagan.  I had no idea what platform he ran on.  I feel so ashamed! I was in college at the U of A so was undoubtedly influenced by that.  There is so much pressure from the news media and government schools, I wonder how these young adults are not duped.  My "kids" are now 30-somethings and way more informed and quite biased in the reverse direction so I feel pretty good about that.    

My first vote was in 2000, I’ve voted republican ever since even though it’s not always the right decision, it’s the best choice. 

• Like 2