KB-AZ

Who put in for the archery deer draw?

I was just curious how many people put in for the new draw units. I think that many of the units may have left-over tags. I feel most people would choose rifle over bow, and most die-hard bowhunters will just move to OTC units. The new Jan. 1st - Jan. 16th hunt in 4A & B, 8, 9, & 19A could be interesting. Unit 8 that time of year could be fun chasing rutting coues and mulies, if access isn't blocked due to snow.

I actually considered applying for an archery Kaibab tag, but just briefly. Since it would conflict with my pronghorn s tag. I am excited with the new January hunts as well.

I didn't put in for the archery tags this year. I will just hunt the area's with otc tags. Not worth wasting a possible rifle tag. Unless the hunts only had a small number of permits. If the Kiabab hunt was for 100 permits I would of put in for it.

I think many of those that are strictly archery hunters may have put in for the 12A, 13B permits if thhey are not going to concentrate on their favorite spot. These bowhunters are the minority, though. Most bowhunters are dual weapon hunters and would apply for rifle hunts, and archery hunt the OTC units in addition to their rifle hunts.

Personally, even though I like archery hunting, I put in for a Dec WT permit and will hunt an OTC unit if not drawn.

I did 3rd choice, 3a/3c..I'm not out any bp and I look forward to that hunt.

I'm a little surprised by the posts above, but just a little. I am a bow only hunter, I have put in for 13B in the past and hoped to draw and would have hunted during the rifle hunt with my bow. I have done that in a few other units over the years also just for some extra days afield with the bow.

I put in for 13B first choice with the knowledge that drawing that could be like getting a sheep tag. I put in 12A second choice, and this will surprise you maybe, I have never hunted the Kaibab. I just thought that this would be the year to give it a try. I have never taken a really nice Mule Deer and who knows, one might just get the chance.

I put in for an archery hunt as my fourth choice. Depending on how things go I may be looking at bumping that up next year to my first or second.

Packer

Not me. First and second rifle hunts, left the rest blank.

I think this could be good,I put in late kaibab rifle but 2nd choice was bow in 12a,I love the kaibab and also think 1000 tags with a 3 week season should hopefully spread out the hunters.with the right weather and lots of water holes maybe a chance to arrow a kaibab buck,any buck with a bow is a good job