intohunting

SOLD Remington 700 BDL 30-06 PRICE DROP $475 SOLD

40 minutes ago, intohunting said:

Great condition rifle.  Glossy walnut stock, great bluing (no pitting or rust), clean shiny bore, 22" barrel.  Located in Payson, AZ.  $500

IMG_1371_TRIM.MOV

Rem 700 pic.jpg

Rem 700 pic 2.jpg

Very VERY cool antelope mount!! 

• Like 2

U be interested in trade for new in box savage 111 trophy hunter 7mag and Nikon bdc?  580-513-5020 text if interested. 

1 hour ago, swampokie said:

U be interested in trade for new in box savage 111 trophy hunter 7mag and Nikon bdc?  580-513-5020 text if interested. 

No trades.  I'm selling it outright.  Thanks!

On 6/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, hoghntr said:

Very VERY cool antelope mount!! 

Thanks!  I actually shot that speed goat with that rifle.  I'm not currently doing commercial taxidermy anymore, but I put that one together and was pretty happy with the mount & habitat scene.

Sweet, got a model 700 25-06 thinking about putting up, great Guns. Cool mount

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Sweet, got a model 700 25-06 thinking about putting up, great Guns. Cool mount

Thanks!  That antelope was a one shot kill at 310 yards with that gun.  Those are very accurate guns.  There is a reason why there are a lot of Remington 700's at long range competitions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Great caliber. Very under appreciated.

I completely agree.  Great for a wide variety of NA animals and one of the more popular calibers for African plains game.  If a hunter is travelling (by air) and their ammo doesn't make it there, guess which caliber is readily available?   The list of reasons goes on and on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

It was THE gun when I was young.  Back then, it was the caliber to get or .270 or .308 or .243.  Now most won’t go near a rifle unless it’s something sexy, ending in PRC or Nosler or WSM.  I have a feeling it will go back to being very popular some day.  

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 7:16 PM, Saguaro said:

It was THE gun when I was young.  Back then, it was the caliber to get or .270 or .308 or .243.  Now most won’t go near a rifle unless it’s something sexy, ending in PRC or Nosler or WSM.  I have a feeling it will go back to being very popular some day.  

Very true!  There are always those who have to have the latest craze!  The 30-06 has been around for a long time and will never go away.  There might be some minor performance improvements in new calibers, but this caliber is tried and proven.  It's kind of like the Mathew's bow company (and others) that come out with a new model EVERY year.  Usually just some marketing hype to get you to buy the latest and greatest.  To each their own.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:07 PM, PRDATR said:

I know when I was a kid and my dad insisted I get a bigger hun than my .243 and I ended up with a Browning BBR 30-06 my shoulder surely didn't appreciate it much 🤣

God Bless the new recoil pad technology available to us now days. 👊🇺🇲

Awesome rifle again I drool over that antelope mount! Best looking mount I have ever seen for non traditional style. To be honest I just don't like shoulder antelope mounts but this thing has me dreaming of killing a good buck and showing my taxidermist this pic. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hoghntr said:

I know when I was a kid and my dad insisted I get a bigger hun than my .243 and I ended up with a Browning BBR 30-06 my shoulder surely didn't appreciate it much 🤣

God Bless the new recoil pad technology available to us now days. 👊🇺🇲

Awesome rifle again I drool over that antelope mount! Best looking mount I have ever seen for non traditional style. To be honest I just don't like shoulder antelope mounts but this thing has me dreaming of killing a good buck and showing my taxidermist this pic. :)

hoghntr,

I did the taxidermy on that antelope and I'm flattered from your comment "Best looking mount I have ever seen for non traditional style".  If you or your taxidermist is interested, I have another wagon wheel available.  I bought two of them at an antique store and paid $90 each for them.  If you or anyone else is interested, I'll sell it for that same price (they don't make them anymore).  I'm attaching a pic of how I finished the back of the mount.  I took actual antelope hooves and made a depression in the rock mix before it hardened.

antelope backing.jpg

• Like 5