idgaf

Need Advice Muzzleloader trouble shooting

picked up a used 54 CAL TC.  Percussion.  Shoots great. I was cleaning it with the wood ram rod and the metal aperture fell off in the barrel.  Any ideas on how to get it out?  

Im thinking putting some glue on the wood end and placing inside of the aperture. 

Air compressor might work at the breech if you remote nipple

• Like 3

So the ferrule with the cleaning jag pulled off in there?  Glue is risky as you’ll likely get some in the barrel.  They make those bullet pullers that screw into a lead ball, you might be able to get that to bite?  

If that doesn’t work I’ll look around, we used to have a deal that went on the nipple with a CO2 cartridge on it designed to unload a rifle.  Just stick it on the nipple and a shot of CO2 blasts the ball out.  Might work.  

• Like 1

Yes, air. Remove the nipple. I once had a Powerbelt round and two pellets of powder in the barrel, wouldn't ignite cap after cap. Found an air nozzle for a tool with the same thread. At about 100psi the projos and pellets came out.

I eventually replaced the #11 cap nipple with an enclosed primer ignition system that takes a shotgun primer. Never had a misfire again. But not legal in states requiring primitive ML with cap.

Did u lose the wire brush or a cotton swab in the barrel?

52 minutes ago, Edge said:

Yes, air. Remove the nipple. I once had a Powerbelt round and two pellets of powder in the barrel, wouldn't ignite cap after cap. Found an air nozzle for a tool with the same thread. At about 100psi the projos and pellets came out.

I eventually replaced the #11 cap nipple with an enclosed primer ignition system that takes a shotgun primer. Never had a misfire again. But not legal in states requiring primitive ML with cap.

Did u lose the wire brush or a cotton swab in the barrel?

I lost the cleaning jag

Or just fill up the nipple with powder and let it rip.....lol. Air compressor would be a safer bet though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zackcarp said:

Or just fill up the nipple with powder and let it rip.....lol. Air compressor would be a safer bet though.

Yeah they sell air nozzles/guns with a rubber end that makes a good marriage

Compressed air or pull nipple add some powder and reinstall nipple and fire off a cap.

How did this turn out?

I went back and read this, that barrel pops right off....

Barrel will come off stock but few are equipped to remove the breach plug, to be able to clear the barrel

Most modern barrels, inlines easy to get breech plug access.

10 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

Barrel will come off stock but few are equipped to remove the breach plug, to be able to clear the barrel

Most modern barrels, inlines easy to get breech plug access.

They come off on the Renegade and Hawken

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/667/1/PLUG-TC-F-16-3

Can you re-thread the cleaning jag by putting the ramrod down the barrel and spinning it?