IA Born

4Runner for Sale

My wife decided she wants to go back to the Jeep life she had when we first met.  We're selling her 2017 4Runner.  Its the TRD Off-Road Premium package. We added a trailer brake control, but never towed anything.  Its been on dirt roads, but never used the 4WD other than Flagstaff winters.  Its in great condition. All the info and pics are in the CraigsList link below.  PM me if you are interested and want to come see it.

https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/d/flagstaff-runner-trd/7141843376.html

12 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

Trading that machine for a Jeep, Im sorry for your loss.

No loss on our end.  The 4Runner isn't a hunting rig and isn't getting used for what we originally intended.  After 20 years of being together, I know enough to know if my wife wants a Jeep, then she's getting a Jeep.

• Like 1

Wow! I'd miss the wife after 20 years, but get over it. For a Jeep, are you kidding me!

I've got a 3rd Gen that random people keep stopping me to ask to buy it and won't let that thing go. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lunarphase said:

Wow! I'd miss the wife after 20 years, but get over it. For a Jeep, are you kidding me!

I've got a 3rd Gen that random people keep stopping me to ask to buy it and won't let that thing go. 

To be clear, I didn't post this asking for input on whether or not our decision is valid.  I posted it to help advertise and, hopefully, sell the vehicle.  This reminds me of the times people post that they are looking to buy a specific rifle in a specific cartridge, but everyone else tells them why their rifle is better. I'm not part of the 4Runner cult, nor will I ever be, although I understand people's deep love and devotion to them.  Yes, I know they are solid vehicle off-road, but I've got a Ram 2500 that gets us everywhere I need to get when hunting and fishing.  We got the 4Runner for other reasons than off-roading (yes, there are other reasons), and now my wife wants to go back to her love of Jeeps.  And, yes, my wife means much more to me than any vehicle.  This is already more explanation than I really need to provide.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lunarphase said:

Sorry didn't mean to hurt your feelings, justa' bit of man humor all good.     (2) thumbs up for an awesome 4Runner, best of luck on the sale

All good.  After getting 4 or 5 comments basically (paraphrasing) telling me we're dumb for getting rid of a vehicle my wife doesn't want, I guess I lost my patience.  And I've never been big on wife or mom jokes.  Even my closest friends know that's off-limits with me, but you don't know me and I get where you're coming from.  Sorry you took the brunt of my frustration and lack of patience. Ironically, "Patience" is my "Word of the Year" for Taekwondo.  I needed that reminder.  Next time you are in Flagstaff, coffee is on me.  Looks like you've been to the Bahamas, so we can swap stories and talk flats fishing.

Life got crazy after we posted this and then left for Telluride.  4Runner has been sold.

• Like 1