6 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

The debris flows that will occur when the summer rains come will be another catastrophe in the making.  Hopefully, no fishkills in the Salt River lakes but I'd bet a few bridges on the fire perimeter will be lost.  Bad things on the horizon.

Very true.

This past September, ~6 inches of rain fell on the Woodbury scar in the Superstitions in a 6 hour period, putting an estimated 50-60k CFS into Canyon and one of the rarest releases of water from the Salt River in history. There may be some opinions to the contrary but fishing at Saguaro and Canyon this past winter and spring wasn't anywhere near average based on what I've heard, and has flat out sucked for me (tough to admit)!  

Cottonwood Creek into Saguaro and Sycamore Creek into the Verde River are going to be rough after the Bush fire, Cottonwood for the fishing and Sycamore for the valley water supply. 

15 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Very true.

This past September, ~6 inches of rain fell on the Woodbury scar in the Superstitions in a 6 hour period, putting an estimated 50-60k CFS into Canyon and one of the rarest releases of water from the Salt River in history. There may be some opinions to the contrary but fishing at Saguaro and Canyon this past winter and spring wasn't anywhere near average based on what I've heard, and has flat out sucked for me (tough to admit)!  

Cottonwood Creek into Saguaro and Sycamore Creek into the Verde River are going to be rough after the Bush fire, Cottonwood for the fishing and Sycamore for the valley water supply. 

Another issue: Forest Service is slow to react to many things.  The exception is closing FS lands to public access after a fire (which I understand to a point).  The closing off of fire affected areas for health and safety issues will put a lot of people pressure on areas that do remain open.  After the tragedy @ Cold Springs a few years back I'd bet FS is going to be dilligent with their closures.  Among others, suspect upper and lower Sycamore will be closed for some time. 

Water wheel.. It was had, Elison creek burned  earlier that year. Tragedy for sure, still no warming sirens.

3 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

Snapchat-1769526203.jpg

Snapchat-1504578153.jpg

Snapchat-1303644376.jpg

Snapchat-265287686.jpg

Snapchat-388866415.jpg

Snapchat-1088146866.jpg

3 hours ago iciweb reported fire was 3/4 mile from 188 and just north of 3bar cabin fr 445

dang......

james

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Smoke finally moved east about an hour ago.. Funny chit when channel 10 news said north bond 87 was open to Payon south bond closed. F ing media has just lost. They need to stick to there crafts and the queen of clean sections, funny chit come on up..

Channel 3 weather guy this morning didn’t even know which lake was Roosevelt. 

• Like 1

I've heard it temporarily jump 188 at Bermuda flats this afternoon. Trying to get report on Mt. Ord

1 minute ago, AZLance said:

And now unit 27 burning again... 

2020_06_14-14.30.03.581-CDT.jpeg

Screenshot_20200617-190508_Chrome.jpg

Been goin for over a week now. A lot of the country it’s burning needs it. Just need to keep it on that side of the highway

• Like 3

From what I understand, the Bush fire was started by a car fire on 87. What about these other fires? There's strict fire restrictions, and no lightning that I've seen. Just curious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Been goin for over a week now. A lot of the country it’s burning needs it. Just need to keep it on that side of the highway

correct

4 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

27 needs a cleansing since all the roads were closed 20+ years ago. It’ll make good habitat.

Like the wallow fire?