Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Big Sweets

Fair chase buck that came from central AZ. Not reservation buck either. A friend of a friend, I think it had the nick name “Big Sweets” killed a few years back!!

83151AF8-3988-4DC3-BA62-B31D01B25BAA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 2

Not Big Sweets.  His right side main beam next to tip had a stub that came dropped down.  Plus his eye guards angled inwards. I will post up a picture when I find one.

• Like 1

I have about 70 pictures of him hard horned somewhere.  That was back in 2010.  No one ever saw him again after 2010.  Ronnie placed about 30 trail cameras in the area and no one ever saw him.  We did spot a big 120 in the area in 2013 but figured it was his kid.  Those inward eye guards never changed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, willhunt4coues said:

I have about 70 pictures of him hard horned somewhere.  That was back in 2010.  No one ever saw him again after 2010.  Ronnie placed about 30 trail cameras in the area and no one ever saw him.  We did spot a big 120 in the area in 2013 but figured it was his kid.  Those inward eye guards never changed.

Post some cam pics from the year he was killed 

• Like 1

He was never killed as far as anyone knows.  There are a few deer out there that people THOUGHT it was him but none of them had the same features.  There were sheds found that are his.

• Like 1

AzP&Y may still have the trail cam pics also.  We both were hunting the area together.  I will have to reach into some old files to see where all the pics were.  My camera had all the hard horn pics in 2009 and AZP&Y put his camera up near mine and got all the velvet pics in 2010.  

Every time we had him on camera there was a lion following him hours later.  EVERY time.  Crazy stalkers.

• Like 1

I’ve chatted with Ronnie about him as well, he was unsure from what I remember. This buck came from the same unit as Sweets, I’ve been meaning to go over to his house and take more pics of this buck. I’ve chatted with a few guys that have pictures of him in velvet, I unfortunately don’t have those pics.