lonne

Mask Requirements

2 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

The medical staff is at the end of this process and are responsible of irresponsible people.

This type of attitude is 100% bullshit

• Like 7

I wear one every time I go out if I'm going to be around other people and can't social distance.  It's easy. 

I don't think it's the boot of an authoritarian government on my neck.  I think it's common sense.  It's an airborne virus that can be passed by coughing or sneezing (maybe even just breathing close to someone).  Does a mask stop every virus?  Probably not.  But if you cough out 1000 viruses and only a couple make it out past the mask, that's still helpful.  We all have to assume that we are asymptomatic carriers. 

For those who think it's the first step to gun confiscation I'd say those people are irrationally attached to slippery slope arguments.  For those who say "My body, my choice.  Do you agree Libtards?" I'd say they are irrationally attached to false equivalencies.  Donning a mask for a couple hours while out in public is nothing like the emotional and physical pain of being the victim of rape or incest (which is also rape) then having to carry the baby to full term and give birth to it.  Argue against mandatory masks if you want, just be logical and intellectually honest about it.

I wear a mask mostly to show respect for other people.  The check out person at Home Depot is working hard but comes face to face up to 100 people a day.  I bet me wearing a mask makes that person feel better.  Really it's to protect others. 

Here's an analogy:

https://stevenpressfield.com/2020/04/how-the-spartans-would-fight-covid-19/

In the end, if you don't want to wear one, you be you.  To each his own.  Nobody's going to get cited for it.  If I see you in public, I won't say anything to you.  Like I'm sure if you see me wearing one in public you won't say anything to me.  And I hope you don't get the dang virus and that nobody you love gets it either because we're all in this together.

• Like 11

I tested the theory that the mask wearing is BS. I had to load some carbon in a pressure vessel for a small water treatment system. Took my mask off when I was done and I was black everywhere under the mask from the dust. They protect from hitting someone or getting hit from a cough or sneeze when chunks come out. That is it. I get that some people are more susceptible to dying from this, so they need to wear a mask or stay home. Not me. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I tested the theory that the mask wearing is BS. I had to load some carbon in a pressure vessel for a small water treatment system. Took my mask off when I was done and I was black everywhere under the mask from the dust. They protect from hitting someone or getting hit from a cough or sneeze when chunks come out. That is it. I get that some people are more susceptible to dying from this, so they need to wear a mask or stay home. Not me. 

Sounds like a fit issue. I wear a respirator for my job and if I gain weight or have 2 days of stubble it is a violation of the protocol. The seal is what protects me.

These cloth and surgical masks are the best we got on a large scale cost effective measure to implement some sort of barrier or protection from droplet precautions.

on my tour working in the ER we would have patients that would spit on us. They got a spit mask which was made of a mesh material to avoid suffocating the PT.Guess what happened when they tried to spit on us wearing the mesh spit mask.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Having a wife that is an RN she busts her butt everyday not to be a vehicle of the covid -19 

dumbasses need to wrap their mugs up. 

Yes there are illnesses and hazards everywhere no sh1t. This virus spreads like wild fire. It’s the rate that it spreads that is concerning.Doesn’t mean we don’t and shouldn’t take precautions. 

joe public is idiotic hence they have to print “hot” on coffee cups and Signs to denote not to light a flame next to a pump station.

problem with this. The medical staff is at the end of this process and are responsible of irresponsible people.

Sorry bud. I know of people with one case in the house and no one else contracted the china flu. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Sounds like a fit issue. I wear a respirator for my job and if I gain weight or have 2 days of stubble it is a violation of the protocol. The seal is what protects me.

These cloth and surgical masks are the best we got on a large scale cost effective measure to implement some sort of barrier or protection from droplet precautions.

on my tour working in the ER we would have patients that would spit on us. They got a spit mask which was made of a mesh material to avoid suffocating the PT.Guess what happened when they tried to spit on us wearing the mesh spit mask.

Respirator is different then an N95 mask. With a mask its not a fitment issue. They are meant to stop large particles. I hear ya with the wight gain and shaving.  I used to have to wear respirators and don SCBA. I dont miss those days. 

• Like 1

Didn't know what to think when all this started. Lots of people compared it to the typical flu. 

Had to go see doc last month so I picked his brain. He's a fellow hunter whom I have a pretty good repor with.  Main thing he said was the common flu never killed 70k people in 7 weeks ever in history. Yes it is bad and we should all be cautious.  He also said he didn't think civil liberties should be taken away from people but he made it very clear it was not something to take lightly. 

Keep in mind this is a small practice in SV and we have very low numbers compared to you guys in tucson and Phoenix.  He has no possible reason to lie for financial gain. Just honest opinions that I asked for.  

I get nobody wants to be told what to do. So at the very least at least consider keeping hand sanitizer in your ride and use it before and after entering public spaces.  

Just imagine its your mom your protecting or your little girl. God knows I want to keep my family around for awhile and being a little extra cautious is a very small price to pay.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

If your not for wearing a mask go volunteer on a covid positive unit. No biggie.

Dumbass of the year award right here^^^

• Like 4

I know I'll probably get some backlash for this, but I think the mask thing has become more of a symbolic gesture of compliance mixed with projecting an image of awareness/compassion/safety. It's the hip thing to do. 

The studies out of the CDC are all over the place when it comes to airborne transmission - and specifically, the effectiveness of masks. Add to that, an approved mask can be a bandanna, a piece of cotton cloth your neighbor, or mom, or whoever made with her sowing machine.

The ones that are comfortable, will let through any airborne viruses. The ones that may be effective are really hard to breathe through. That's why you see the people in stores that mandate them pulling them down under their nose - so they can breathe. Tell me that's effective.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Coach said:

I know I'll probably get some backlash for this, but I think the mask thing has become more of a symbolic gesture of compliance mixed with projecting an image of awareness/compassion/safety. It's the hip thing to do.

Agreed

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AZLance said:

covid is just natural selection...

Agreed. Just dont pick me! 

• Like 2