lonne

Mask Requirements

1 hour ago, aznative65 said:

Where did you get that info?  What is your source???    (If true, that would clearly be a MAJOR controversy.   I have not heard or seen any reporting on that, and you would think that the admin would be all over that!)

watch the dr at the end

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

I don’t get it. People should WANT to do the right thing and protect the elderly or vulnerable. You better believe that if this virus was killing the young, the vast majority of older people would do ANYTHING they could to protect us. And in this younger, self centered generation, we as a whole can’t even wear a stupid mask to protect them.

the WORST case scenario is that masks only help prevent the spread of this virus a little bit. If we could prevent the spread by each infected person by about 1/6, thiS pandemic would be slowing rather then exponentially growing.

its easy to act macho, or buy into the myth that this pandemic is some political ploy until it’s your loved one that doesn’t make it. And the way things are going, most people will probably lose someone they care about to this. We have. And a good number of those could be prevented by slowing the spread by wearing a stupid mask. It’s not that hard. All we have to do is swallow our pride, stop politicizing this pandemic and Follow some VERY simple but effective common sense practices to protect our own.

I’ve lost friends to Pneumonia, Cancer, Car wrecks, and the good ol fashioned Flu. People die, thats just life. Yeah it sucks, but a lot of things in life suck...But our government doesnt get to decide what, when, and how we’ll live to protect a small percent of the population from dying.  thousands of people die from the flu each year, many more die each year from pneumonia. Let me guess, you’d be ok with a mandatory COVID vaccination when it becomes available right? Because thats where this is going.

you dont give up freedoms each time something new comes along and threatens your way of life, or you will eventually wnd up with nothing. 

if you cant see what this truly is, maybe open your eyes a bit more. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AverageJoe said:

Glad to see there are people out there with common sense who arent buying into the fear mongering. Gives me hope. There might come a time soon where those of us with like minds have to organize and push back against this government agenda. 

What benefit does the government gain from people making cloth masks from home. I’m curious.

im not a fear mongeree.

i have personally been in contact with some nasty sh1t over the span of years and  I have wrestled with a cdiff patient covered in there own fecies. Done compressions on a droplet precaution patient while ever compression splattered all over me. I have had to restrain an HIV positive patient that pulled his IV and spewed blood all over me and my coworkers. None of these diseases can Home with me. Why? PPE and wiping down my garb and changing uniforms. I am not in the business of changing peoples minds. It’s hard to give perspective to people without physically showing them. One prime example that was an eye opener for me. 

I had no idea that a large percent of the population had both male and female body parts.however being on the medical side of things I have been subject to this reality. 

Now how do I explain this to a guy that cleans pools for a living if he hasn’t seen it first hand he would chaulk it up as bull sh1t or I am exaggerating.

4 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

What benefit does the government gain from people making cloth masks from home. I’m curious.

im not a fear mongeree.

i have personally been in contact with some nasty sh1t over the span of years and  I have wrestled with a cdiff patient covered in there own fecies. Done compressions on a droplet precaution patient while ever compression splattered all over me. I have had to restrain an HIV positive patient that pulled his IV and spewed blood all over me and my coworkers. None of these diseases can Home with me. Why? PPE and wiping down my garb and changing uniforms. I am not in the business of changing peoples minds. It’s hard to give perspective to people without physically showing them. One prime example that was an eye opener for me. 

I had no idea that a large percent of the population had both male and female body parts.however being on the medical side of things I have been subject to this reality. 

Now how do I explain this to a guy that cleans pools for a living if he hasn’t seen it first hand he would chaulk it up as bull sh1t or I am exaggerating.

Ive been exposed to some nasty shoot as well.... If thats the profession you choise to be in, wearing the appropriate PPE is smart. But thats your choice, no one is making you work in the health industry. 

Can you not see how governments requiring people to wear masks, stay at home, stand in line, is not against everything this country was founded on? Do you really think it will stop and go back to normal? Cause it wont. why not do this for the normal flu that is around pretty much all year? It kills 25000-65000 each year in the US. Wouldnt it be smart to continue masks and social distancing forever in that case???

• Like 1

Where did you get that info?  What is your source???    (If true, that would clearly be a MAJOR controversy.   I have not heard or seen any reporting on that, and you would think that the admin would be all over that!)

First hand knowledge. My wife’s best friend is a nurse at one of the valley Banner hospitals. 

"The cloth masks, bandanas and gaiters don't help one bit......"    Where did you figure that out???    The vast majority of medical experts disagree with you.  They are not saying they prevent completely, but they virtually all agree that it does help out with suppression of particles (mist, etc.) as people exhale, and hence reduces the risk of spreading to others. 

Then they throw them on the ground before getting in their car. Go to any grocery store parking lot and you can see dozens of masks and gloves thrown on the ground by the Karen’s and Brad’s. 

then some poor guy ir gal making $9 per hour has to pick them all up. 

way to go Karen and Brad!! 

5 minutes ago, AverageJoe said:

I’ve lost friends to Pneumonia, Cancer, Car wrecks, and the good ol fashioned Flu. People die, thats just life. Yeah it sucks, but a lot of things in life suck...But our government doesnt get to decide what, when, and how we’ll live to protect a small percent of the population from dying.  thousands of people die from the flu each year, many more die each year from pneumonia. Let me guess, you’d be ok with a mandatory COVID vaccination when it becomes available right? Because thats where this is going.

you dont give up freedoms each time something new comes along and threatens your way of life, or you will eventually wnd up with nothing. 

if you cant see what this truly is, maybe open your eyes a bit more. 

No I think you need to open your eyes. Your argument makes zero sense. Yes people die, but for example saying people die of car accidents... do you advise your loved ones to wear a seat belt so that their chances of death are reduced in the event they’re involved in an accident (like the common sense of wearing a mask to help prevent COVID)... or do you practice what you preach and rip all the seatbelts out of the car because even though they will help keep you alive, the government has told you you have to wear them? That’s a law too, isnt that taking your freedom away? Willing to remove those seatbelts at the expense of the safety of everyone else who rides in your car?

i don’t care what if the government made masks mandatory, or outlawed them. Look past that part.
screw the politics!let’s pretend that maybe all the doctors, nurses, frontline workers, virologists, and epidemiologists know what needs to be done despite what you in all your wisdom think.

the simple act of wearing a mask 100% helps prevent at least some spread of COVID. Indisputable except under profound ignorance. That translates into less unnecessary deaths. Maybe it’ll save your loved one. I’m willing to protect your vulnerable loved ones, why aren’t you?

6 minutes ago, AverageJoe said:

Ive been exposed to some nasty shoot as well.... If thats the profession you choise to be in, wearing the appropriate PPE is smart. But thats your choice, no one is making you work in the health industry. 

Can you not see how governments requiring people to wear masks, stay at home, stand in line, is not against everything this country was founded on? Do you really think it will stop and go back to normal? Cause it wont. why not do this for the normal flu that is around pretty much all year? It kills 25000-65000 each year in the US. Wouldnt it be smart to continue masks and social distancing forever in that case???

My 2 yo call bulls1t when I tell him jumping off the fireplace will bust his lid wide open. 

I follow protocol as It keeps everyone safe and as a professional I want to be surrounded by individuals that share the same mindset. 

I actually work with nastier stuff then when I was In the medical field and safety protocol couldn’t be more important. Worked to my benefit.

hate to say it but you are not as free as you think. If the govt tells you to be in at 8p due to curfew you will fall in line or risk fines possible jail time.

big brother will do as it pleases. 

That gives me a good idea. Let’s outlaw masks, then you can prove your political point by doing the right thing to help our own and wearing a mask!

2 minutes ago, JSR said:

CDC - death rate is less than 1%. 
Most experts say somewhere around .5% 

we killed an economy and put 40 million on unemployment for this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5269331002

That’s a totally different argument to be had. I don’t like the idea of a shutdown like we did, but that means people have to take some personal responsibility for helping protect each other. What’s .5% of the us population anyway? Seems small, but that’s an astronomical number even if only 50% catch it

1 minute ago, dustin25 said:

That’s a totally different argument to be had. I don’t like the idea of a shutdown like we did, but that means people have to take some personal responsibility for helping protect each other. What’s .5% of the us population anyway? Seems small, but that’s an astronomical number even if only 50% catch it

Not .5% of the population. .5% of those that contract it. 

I did the math. If half the us got COVID at that “low” .5 mortality rate, it’s only 8.225 million deaths. Very similar to the 65,000 deaths by flu...

Listen I know we don’t see eye to eye on this. But we are on the same side here and I just want the best for my loved ones, as well as yours. I’m hearing what you have to say, and if I squint real hard I can understand your point of view, even though I don’t agree. All I ask is you consider what I’m saying as well and think about it.

becoming polarized to either side doesn’t help anybody.

27 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

No I think you need to open your eyes. Your argument makes zero sense. Yes people die, but for example saying people die of car accidents... do you advise your loved ones to wear a seat belt so that their chances of death are reduced in the event they’re involved in an accident (like the common sense of wearing a mask to help prevent COVID)... or do you practice what you preach and rip all the seatbelts out of the car because even though they will help keep you alive, the government has told you you have to wear them? That’s a law too, isnt that taking your freedom away? Willing to remove those seatbelts at the expense of the safety of everyone else who rides in your car?

i don’t care what if the government made masks mandatory, or outlawed them. Look past that part.
screw the politics!let’s pretend that maybe all the doctors, nurses, frontline workers, virologists, and epidemiologists know what needs to be done despite what you in all your wisdom think.

the simple act of wearing a mask 100% helps prevent at least some spread of COVID. Indisputable except under profound ignorance. That translates into less unnecessary deaths. Maybe it’ll save your loved one. I’m willing to protect your vulnerable loved ones, why aren’t you?

DAYyyyyMmmn! Well said