lonne

Mask Requirements

My last 2 cents. You go to poker night with del and the next week you get a letter stating he came down 2 days after poker night with China flu. 

Your other buddy you carpooled with to poker night calls in sick because he isn’t feeling well either.

meanwhile you kissed your kids goodnight the last 5 days in a row and oops they are exposed to the China flu. And they didn’t do anything to deserve this. They are staying home from school and not playing with friends and doing everything right and your poor choice of not wearing ppe  spills into their reality. Excellent display of logic and deduction.

• Like 3

Wouldnt it be wonderful if the drunk drivers only killed themselves.  Unfortunately the drunk doesnt die and the innocent do.  Same with the people who wont be bothered with wearing a mask or staying home if they dont feel well or going out with the crowds.  They are the ones spreading this virus, but they dont get it.  How many sportsmen and women are saying i am not going to inconvenience myself, to heck with Grandma.  Is that anything like to heck with the G&F rules I want that big Deer.😷 

59 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

I did the math. If half the us got COVID at that “low” .5 mortality rate, it’s only 8.225 million deaths. Very similar to the 65,000 deaths by flu...

This is a total bs number.  It’s not 0.5% mortality.  It’s 0.5% of severe cases that are bad enough to get tested and require some sort of medical attention. 

Antibody testing showed that in April over 4% of LA county more than 400,000 people had already had the bat flu and most had no idea.  They just got over it at home:  also in April, antibody testing showed that up to 25% of NYC had already had it and over 20% of New York State had already had it.

Why isn’t this in the news?  It was never widely reported on mainstream media, even though it was coming from credible sources like the cdc and UCLA that did the study in LA county?  A couple doctors in Bakersfield, both ER docs who were highly trained in infectious disease, had a press conference on it and the video was almost immediate removed from YouTube as ‘false information’.  According to those docs, the covid mortality rate was approximately 0.03% in California at that time.  

when you have multiple experts that are all educated experienced and qualified to evaluate data and surmise conclusions, but the government, the media and major platforms like YouTube and Facebook all agree that they’ll only give air to one side of the argument, what do you call that?  Sure sounds like conspiracy to me.  So then the question is why?  What are they going to gain?  Chase the money and political power (although I repeat myself there don’t I?).

as for hospitals being overwhelmed in Az, that’s total bs.  Sorry, I’ve got a brother and his wife that both work in the medical industry in the west valley.  Their hours were cut and their hospitals were almost empty.  I took my daughter to the ER in Prescott Valleyba few weeks ago, it was a ghost town.  Not one other person in the ER, we were in and out in about an hour.  Their ‘covid unit’ they had set up in the parking lot was also completely empty.

the data shows its highly contagious and most likely we all will get it (and many already have and just don’t know it yet), but the mortality rate is less than 1/25th of what the government claims, and that’s been proven by antibody testing in Europe, Asia and the good ole US of A.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JSR said:

First hand knowledge. My wife’s best friend is a nurse at one of the valley Banner hospitals. 

Sounds second hand..  Walmart up here In crap ville says there private property so they won't inforce the masks, funny they were one of the only stores that didn't close. So the mayor said ok when we have to shot down again they will be the first to close. Big business , take your money and don't care if you die..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLW said:

watch the dr at the end

Oh.....   Of course, a spliced together 3 minute reel on Twitter.   That makes total sense to me now!  Unbelievable.....  🙄😂

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

My last 2 cents. You go to poker night with del and the next week you get a letter stating he came down 2 days after poker night with China flu. 

Your other buddy you carpooled with to poker night calls in sick because he isn’t feeling well either.

meanwhile you kissed your kids goodnight the last 5 days in a row and oops they are exposed to the China flu. And they didn’t do anything to deserve this. They are staying home from school and not playing with friends and doing everything right and your poor choice of not wearing ppe  spills into their reality. Excellent display of logic and deduction.

Also in your Del fantasy, you left out the part were the 2 poker friends stopped off at a gay bar, came home and gave each others wife aids.

You have me pegged wrong, I dont play poker and I have few friends, not to mention those friends that I do have dont carpool as that wouldnt be Manly ;)

The problem is from your posts dustins and few others. is that you are relaying the msg wrong via guilt trip with ONLY your so called experience in a hospital system. contrary to what CDC and what other people with MORE knowledge and experience than you have.

This is why They Recommend wearing a face mask, theres a huge difference in recommending and down right accusing people of spreading the virus for not wearing one. no to mention most EXPERTS are still up in the air about how its transmitted and too what extent.

Telling people they are making poor choice while stating that your doing everything right and others are not, is bullshit, kinda like saying your crap dont stink and everyone else does, Im a better person than your are etc etc.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JSR said:

First hand knowledge. My wife’s best friend is a nurse at one of the valley Banner hospitals. 

"First hand knowledge...."   "My wife's best friend is a nurse at one of the valley Banner...." 

THAT is 'first hand' knowledge????    Classic!!!  🤣😂🤣  Gotta love the infinite stupidity to be found on the internet!! 

• Like 2

heres the phx rules, kinda faulty arent they?

The City of Phoenix has voted to implement a mandatory mask policy. The policy goes into effect Saturday, June 20 at 6 a.m. Everyone over the age of six years old must wear a face mask while in a public area within Phoenix.

Exceptions for face coverings will be made under the following circumstances:

• For those who fall into the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidance for those who should not wear face coverings due to a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental disability, or are otherwise covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act
  • For children under 6 years old
  • For people whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering
  • For restaurant patrons while they are dining
  • For individuals exercising outdoors or while walking or exercising with other people from the same household, if social distancing from others who are not your family members can be maintained
  • For engaging in organized group or team sports, exercise or other physical activities where it is not practicable or feasible to wear a mask or socially distance
  • In settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including when obtaining or rendering goods or services, such as the receipt of dental services or medical treatments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delw said:

heres the phx rules, kinda faulty arent they?

I guess that Mesa has something similar. I haven't seen anything "Official" yet.

13 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

This is a total bs number.  It’s not 0.5% mortality.  It’s 0.5% of severe cases that are bad enough to get tested and require some sort of medical attention. 

Antibody testing showed that in April over 4% of LA county more than 400,000 people had already had the bat flu and most had no idea.  They just got over it at home:  also in April, antibody testing showed that up to 25% of NYC had already had it and over 20% of New York State had already had it.

Why isn’t this in the news?  It was never widely reported on mainstream media, even though it was coming from credible sources like the cdc and UCLA that did the study in LA county?  A couple doctors in Bakersfield, both ER docs who were highly trained in infectious disease, had a press conference on it and the video was almost immediate removed from YouTube as ‘false information’.  According to those docs, the covid mortality rate was approximately 0.03% in California at that time.  

when you have multiple experts that are all educated experienced and qualified to evaluate data and surmise conclusions, but the government, the media and major platforms like YouTube and Facebook all agree that they’ll only give air to one side of the argument, what do you call that?  Sure sounds like conspiracy to me.  So then the question is why?  What are they going to gain?  Chase the money and political power (although I repeat myself there don’t I?).

as for hospitals being overwhelmed in Az, that’s total bs.  Sorry, I’ve got a brother and his wife that both work in the medical industry in the west valley.  Their hours were cut and their hospitals were almost empty.  I took my daughter to the ER in Prescott Valleyba few weeks ago, it was a ghost town.  Not one other person in the ER, we were in and out in about an hour.  Their ‘covid unit’ they had set up in the parking lot was also completely empty.

the data shows its highly contagious and most likely we all will get it (and many already have and just don’t know it yet), but the mortality rate is less than 1/25th of what the government claims, and that’s been proven by antibody testing in Europe, Asia and the good ole US of A.  

Fair enough. I was just using the mortality rate that was thrown out... but if every single person had COVID in the us, at a .03 mortality rate, that would be a little over 98,000 deaths. So it’s clear that the mortality is much much higher then that. Let’s say on the extreme high end of your argument, 25% of the us has had it like in NY, that would put us at .14 mortality rate.taking the average of the antibody studies that I read,we are probably more around 3-5% community infection as a country,maybe less.So even on the optimistic side we are likely lookin at a mortality rate around .5-.7 , no politics just strictly looking at the numbers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Fair enough. I was just using the mortality rate that was thrown out... but if every single person had COVID in the us, at a .03 mortality rate, that would be a little over 98,000 deaths. So it’s clear that the mortality is much much higher then that. Let’s say on the extreme high end of your argument, 25% of the us has had it like in NY, that would put us at .14 mortality rate.taking the average of the antibody studies that I read,we are probably more around 3-5% community infection as a country,maybe less.So even on the optimistic side we are likely lookin at a mortality rate around .5-.7 , no politics just strictly looking at the numbers.

but the numbers are influenced by politics.

11 minutes ago, Delw said:

Also in your Del fantasy, you left out the part were the 2 poker friends stopped off at a gay bar, came home and gave each others wife aids.

You have me pegged wrong, I dont play poker and I have few friends, not to mention those friends that I do have dont carpool as that wouldnt be Manly ;)

The problem is from your posts dustins and few others. is that you are relaying the msg wrong via guilt trip with ONLY your so called experience in a hospital system. contrary to what CDC and what other people with MORE knowledge and experience than you have.

This is why They Recommend wearing a face mask, theres a huge difference in recommending and down right accusing people of spreading the virus for not wearing one. no to mention most EXPERTS are still up in the air about how its transmitted and too what extent.

Telling people they are making poor choice while stating that your doing everything right and others are not, is bullshit, kinda like saying your crap dont stink and everyone else does, Im a better person than your are etc etc.

My apologies if that’s how I came across. To be honest, I’m a young healthy guy, I wasn’t a mask wearer, wasn’t too worried about it. But as we started seeing the severity of this disease at work, and the data started to come out, I educated myself on it by talking to the people with the most first hand experience with treating COVID. Fact is, most people will recover especially younger people, but also for a decent portion of the population this has a pretty high chance of being life threatening. Also it’s now become very clear how we could each choose to do our part to lower unnecessary deaths from this. I wasn’t trying to blame “you” for killing people, but I think the anti mask mindset as a whole will and is contributing to the spread and subsequent deaths. And I’m not sure where people are getting this idea that the hospitals are empty...we’ve seen a very significant increase in serious COVID patients, especially the last week or 2.One Frustrated doctor said to me “it’s like the younger people are saying ‘thanks for winning world war 2, the Cold War, and building up our country,but now it’s time to cull the herd’”... there’s something wrong with that.

18 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

I agree to the point that California is not representative and their mortality rate may well have shifted.  NYC’s mortality was much higher, although it was influenced heavily by their local leaders’ decision to throw covid patience back into nursing homes with obviously extremely vulnerable populations.  With any disease , you will inherently see a drop off in mortality rate after the initial hit that ravages the vulnerable.  That’s an ugly fact, but a lot about nature is ugly.  I consider it a worth while effort to shelter the vulnerable, but that could have been done without shutting down the worlds economy and courting the disaster of global poverty.  

the part that really pisses me off is that they already know their models and data were bad at the outset, but they keep persisting with the same line of bs.  To me it’s painfully obvious that a certain perspective is being pushed and any countervailing arguments are being intentionally silenced.  That’s worrisome to say the least.  

Dude I completely share your frustrations of this whole thing getting twisted and politicized by BOTH sides for their agendas.... my whole point is that I think we can do ourselves a huge favor by cutting through all the political bs and looking at what’s right in front of us and helping ourselves slow the spread of this virus for the sake of those that would die but don’t need to

• Like 2