Couesdeer

Ruger 77 Tang Safety .270

This rifle is a pawn shop rescue.  I purchased it earlier this spring because despite its rough exterior, the barrel borescoped beautiful.  It looked to have been on many hunting trips, and fired very little. 

Stock has been stripped and refinished with oil and finished with 2000 grit for a satin finish.  The rest of the rifle was disassembled, degreased, media blasted and now has a graphite black Cerakote finish to a satin sheen.

Took it to the range this morning with 4 different lots of ammo.  (winchester 150 gr factory, Federal 150gr factory, and two sets of handloads that I developed for a  rifle now long gone.  Three of the four loads grouped right at an inch gross at 100 yards from the bench  (Roughly 3/4" net).  This rifle did not like the 150 gr, Winchester ammo.  (2.5 inch triangle).  Now this could be that it was the first group after two shots fired to ensure zero, but it is what it is.  I did not bed this rifle nor did I float the barrel.  If you like to tinker with this kind of thing, I believe this rifle has a lot of potential.  

Because it is a .270, I know it is not suitable for hunting anything bigger than cottontails and packrats. :)  Taking that into account, I am asking $400 for it.  This includes the rings, but not the scope.

I would also consider trades as I am working on my last project and could use another to keep me busy for the rest of the summer

Rifle is in Catalina  I am happy to meet in North Tucson, OV, Marana.  Buyer pays shipping and if going out of state i have to ship to an FFL.  

KIMG9251 (2).JPG

KIMG9253 (2).JPG

KIMG9254.JPG

KIMG9255.JPG

KIMG9256.JPG

• Like 5

Free bump the price is fansatic, nice job redoing the stock too.

ruger 77 tang safetys are the best shooting rifles out there. If I could I'd buy that in a heart beat. I have many rugers the old tang safety ones are the most accurate.

• Like 3

.270 Remington is not suitable for anything bigger than cottontails and packrats? There are some hogs in Texas a friend of mine shot that may argue that point, had they survived. Nice looking gun, and looks great in the pics.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

.270 Remington is not suitable for anything bigger than cottontails and packrats? There are some hogs in Texas a friend of mine shot that may argue that point, had they survived. Nice looking gun, and looks great in the pics.

A. Its  270 WINCHESTER

B. Thats obviously sarcasm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

A. Its  270 WINCHESTER

B. Thats obviously sarcasm.

Thank you, Casey! 😁😁

I was going to say that it is not quite as gay as a 6.5 creed.... buut I have only had two drinks to this point!

• Haha 2

My bad. Thanks for the correction. Sarcasm answered with same. Wish I had a valid excuse. My mind is on some Remington's .😁

Bump for an awesome round. With an 1/8 twist it will show the 6.5 “needsmore” a thing or two.👍

• Like 1

If we could find a ride for her I think I could find some room here at my place in the Valley of Heat!