ctafoya

New bow or new strings?

I haven't shot for a while. Pulled out my bow to get back in the groove for my hunt in September and found my cable has a bow in it from where it rides on the cam. String could probably be replaced as well. Its a Bowtech 82nd airborne. Been using it for 10ish years. I'm considering getting a new bow instead of putting the work into this one. Maybe find something a little bit lighter.  Last time I had the strings replaced was 6 years ago at bear mountain. I've heard their service has gone downhill but have no firsthand knowledge of it. If I were to have my cables and strings replaced or decided to get a new bow, where would you go for work, or where would you go to buy a new one?

ross outdoors in the phx are somewhere

corner archery northern  and 51st ave glendale

azarcheryclub deervalley road and 11th ave

I havent seent he new bowtechs the last 2 years, kids got a couple 2-3 years old there pretty sweet but she is a bowtech fan, I still have my Experiance that I like.

I just bought a string and cables for my SB XT from BC Custom Bowstrings in Ohio. 100 bucks and he does Paypal. You can find him on FB or I can PM you his info I think. Ross just put my string on last week. Very big difference between old and new string. My old one was only 3 years old.

ended up at archery headquarters. Walked away with a thin wallet and a new hoyt carbon. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ctafoya said:

ended up at archery headquarters. Walked away with a thin wallet and a new hoyt carbon. 

Nice!  I was gonna treat myself to a new one for my bull tag too, but then the Chinese bat flu made me poor.  Instead I just built some heavier arrows.

those new hoyts are pretty sweet.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

Luckily I'm "essential" and I've been pulling in tons of overtime. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Luckily I'm "essential" and I've been pulling in tons of overtime. 

My business is essential too, but 90%+ of what we do is aerospace, and nobody’s flying.  At least not for the moment

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 8:53 AM, mattys281 said:

My business is essential too, but 90%+ of what we do is aerospace, and nobody’s flying.  At least not for the moment

It'll come back. My flights are fuller every time. People are starting to move around again. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, ctafoya said:

I haven't shot for a while. Pulled out my bow to get back in the groove for my hunt in September and found my cable has a bow in it from where it rides on the cam. String could probably be replaced as well. Its a Bowtech 82nd airborne. Been using it for 10ish years. I'm considering getting a new bow instead of putting the work into this one. Maybe find something a little bit lighter.  Last time I had the strings replaced was 6 years ago at bear mountain. I've heard their service has gone downhill but have no firsthand knowledge of it. If I were to have my cables and strings replaced or decided to get a new bow, where would you go for work, or where would you go to buy a new one?

For what it's worth, I've had nothing but good experiences at bear mountain...Ed has always helped me out + help me setup and dial in my new Helix I bought.  He's done lots of work for my brother too.  Just another man's opinion though

• Like 1