Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Smoke up some meats

1 minute ago, Shane.A.Luke said:

What time do you want to eat?  Then advise can be give for finish process from here. 

Around 2 ish

11 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Sounds good, I've been at 200° over night. I'll take your advise, wrap and bump up to 250° for 3-4 hrs

Wrapping helps push thru stall and will get to finish in time. Check temp at 10:am and may adjust up to 275° if rise is slow. 

my flat is small at 6.5#. For full brisket 15#+ I start at 8-9:pm at 200° over night.  Wrap in morning and increase to 250° for early afternoon meal.  I’m sure yours will be delicious. 

• Like 1

Thankyou, I have probably 12lbs total, and started last night a 8pm. Thankyou sir getting excited 

1 hour ago, Coffeeman said:

The only thing I will put on brisket is equal parts kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, and fresh ground coffee. Soooo good

Love these blends. 

93ADCA28-5E97-4B8B-AFE3-F2586C75B116.jpeg

967C22FC-8F10-4428-A481-27465E0D8C57.jpeg

• Like 1

Salt and pepper.  Smoke until 165°  wrap in butcher paper or foil with a little bit of beef broth or fluid of your choosing.  Place back into smoker until you hit 205°.  Take out and wrap in beach towels and put in a ice chest.  I like to let it rest for 3hrs.  Slice and enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

I picked up an 18 lb er earlier in the week at Frys, used the Kosher salt, pepper, onion  and garlic powder rub, and wrapped it for a day.  Put it on smoke at 8:45 last night at 170,  took and wrapped in foil this morning at 8:00 and its cooking at 225.  Long and slow.....The wife thinks I'm nuts as theres only the two of us, but the leftovers are fantastic!  Brisket tacos are my favorite use.    That's after doing the pork shoulder yesterday to make Carolina  style pulled pork sandwiches with the  coleslaw on top.  Another bunch of leftovers.That's what happens when I have to stay home on a weekend, boredom and hunger sets in.  Love the Traeger, set it and forget it.   built in temp probe so I never have to open the lid.

• Like 2

Oh, oh oh, you are making my mouth water, same here only 2 of us, but the neighbors will be calling soon to see if there's any extra's for sale. They know I'll give them some. I always cook to much now the 4 Kids are gone.. Keep it coming. I'm learning a lot thanks.  

She's at 155°

5 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I always rub my brisket or butts with mustard then season. Used to go without but mine come out juicier and more tender with the mustard. No real flavor difference.

Me too. I had my wife pick up two pork shoulders for $ .97 lb. at Fry's yesterday for pulled pork. She also recently bought me four Atlantic salmon fillets at Safeway for the smoker. 

• Like 1

If you end up making summer sausage with your game meat, here is my recipe for it:

SMOKED SAUSAGE:

80% Wild Game

20% Pork Trim

1 cup of dry milk per 10 lb batch

Add 10% extra water than seasoning directions

Seasonings

Cure

Start smoking at 140* for 3 hrs

Increase temperature to 175* for 1 hr (no smoke)

Increase temperature to 225* for 1 hr (no smoke)

Increase temperature to 250* until reaches 158*

Put in fridge and cool overnight

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

If you end up making summer sausage with your game meat, here is my recipe for it:

SMOKED SAUSAGE:

80% Wild Game

20% Pork Trim

1 cup of dry milk per 10 lb batch

Add 10% extra water than seasoning directions

Seasonings

Cure

Start smoking at 140* for 3 hrs

Increase temperature to 175* for 1 hr (no smoke)

Increase temperature to 225* for 1 hr (no smoke)

Increase temperature to 250* until reaches 158*

Put in fridge and cool overnight

ECD51C84-E2FA-4822-BF2E-EB1621632BBE.jpeg

• Like 4

I love me some smoked meats.  Mommas treating me to some of her marinated london broil today and i told her i got a hankerin for some stuffed mushrooms. Its fathers day so she cant say no.  

• Like 2

Ok made it to 163°  pulled it out wrapped it up and some broth and turned temp up to 275° for 3hrs. 

20200621_093147.jpg