Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Smoke up some meats

41 minutes ago, Kaffer62 said:

Salt and pepper.  Smoke until 165°  wrap in butcher paper or foil with a little bit of beef broth or fluid of your choosing.  Place back into smoker until you hit 205°.  Take out and wrap in beach towels and put in a ice chest.  I like to let it rest for 3hrs.  Slice and enjoy!

“Rest for 3-hours”. WOW. I don’t think I can hold off the family that long. They are usually asking less than 30-min into rest. Sounds like a lot of us have same idea after being trapped at home this year. I’ve probably done 6 briskets since COVID started in March.  It’s been a low and slow year so far. 

Happy Father’s Day to all.

• Like 2

Mustard, brown sugar and Butt Rub from Costco is always good on pork. Then on my briskets I'll do honey and brown sugar, and more Butt Rub. It's great. Kosher salt is the only way to go when salting your meats.

If you really want some tastes, inject brisket with Coke or Dr. Pepper.

• Like 2

Question? And a dumb one, I'm thinking  I keep the brisket in the foil then wrap in towel to let rest in ice chest correct?

8 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Question? And a dumb one, I'm thinking  I keep the brisket in the foil then wrap in towel to let rest in ice chest correct?

Yes, that is one method.

4 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

Yes, that is one method.

Com'on , explain please, got another way?

I have an old Little Chief from about 1975 I use all the time.  Adds a lot of flavor to a ham or bacon.  I smoke cheese quite a bit too, Queso Panella, need to make a tinfoil boat tho because has a lot of moisture.  Have done raw hams, smoke for a few hours for flavor then finish in the oven.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Com'on , explain please, got another way?

There really is no one secret. I'm not an expert by any means, but I do know that the big time competitors do the towel in the ice chest trick. I personally can't wait that long. So I just let it sit on counter for 20ish minutes (sometimes less) and then begin to slice and enjoy. The sky is the limit Woody.

• Like 1

That's what I love about smoking, its hard to screw it up. Thanks, maybe I'll pull it out and take a nap. Lol

She's now in her towel taking hopefully a two too three he nap..

20200621_113506.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

temps at 200.  Pulling and letting rest for 2 1/2 hours.  Back porch smells sooo good....  Going to store to  pick up some non animal products to  compliment the slab of pure meat .  Good thing I'm on cholesterol  meds.

• Like 1

I here that mines been sleeping for two hours now, already delivered my father in-laws..