Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Spend Notifications for the Draw

I just needed to take a minute to vent to some folks that might share my pain and frustrations. Every draw cycle I submit applications for nine different people for multiple species. These applications are spread across 4 different credit/debit cards to help me in determining who may have drawn what tag prior to the official results coming out. However, since each card has the potential of being charged multiple times for the same or different amounts of money by the same company (AZGFD) multiple times in a matter of seconds. I take the time to contact each card company prior to the draw in an attempt to to make a "spending notification". The goal is to ensure they don't see the multiple charges in quick succession, assume fraud, and deny the charge. The process is annoying and takes way to long each time, but the biggest aggravation is trying to explain to the agent the AZGFD charge process and why they wold be charging my card multiple times in a matter of seconds for the same or different amount of money. They are accustomed to getting spending notifications for international travel, large amounts, etc. But clearly the concept of multiple $15 - $1100 charges in seconds by one company is baffling to them and beyond their systems to handle. Eventually, I get it straightened out, but after each call I know I have to have the same conversation all over again with the next card company. It is really a simple request, yet so complicated for the banking agent...

JUST DON'T DENY AND CHARGES FROM THE ARIZONA GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT!!!

Anyway, rant over. I still have two more banks to call.😩

Good luck this Friday.

• Like 1

temper temper.  You must get eaten alive in application fees as well.  I've used BBVA bank for some years now and they are great.  Having a place in Mexico, one call to tell them charges in Sonora need to be approved took care of it.                                                                                                    You must look funny as heck seeing charge alerts on draw morning  and trying to figure out whose at what bank etc...

• Like 2

Just for you, Sean...

• Haha 1

Crazy thing is your account is probably flagged for extra screening just by you calling. (JOKING)

PS.  I handle 7-8 different people for multiple species.  Most are applications are one hunter.  I sure wish the AZGFD application process was easier.  Seems like it could be more streamlined.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

temper temper.  You must get eaten alive in application fees as well.  I've used BBVA bank for some years now and they are great.  Having a place in Mexico, one call to tell them charges in Sonora need to be approved took care of it.                                                                                                    You must look funny as heck seeing charge alerts on draw morning  and trying to figure out whose at what bank etc...

I dropped over $300 in app fees this go around. I have the draw morning down to a science. I have everything listed out for everyone on an excel spreadsheet. I am a bit of an OCD nerd about this stuff.

• Like 2

If you listened to the last commission meeting you would know that this is indeed necessary.

A hunter petitioned the commission to be issued an elk tag after having been successful in the draw but his bank turned down the charge as potential fraud.

The commission voted 5-0 to deny his petition. The reason they gave was that he should have contacted the bank prior to the draw and alert them of the potential charge.

6 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Haven’t you read my other post? You are not getting drawn again, just like me. Buy my bow and go archery rabbit hunting. 😀😀😀

We will most definitely get a least a couple of tags for the kids. However, my honey holes in these units are either black and charred or still burning.😥

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spot said:

If you listened to the last commission meeting you would know that this is indeed necessary.

A hunter petitioned the commission to be issued an elk tag after having been successful in the draw but his bank turned down the charge as potential fraud.

The commission voted 5-0 to deny his petition. The reason they gave was that he should have contacted the bank prior to the draw and alert them of the potential charge.

Yep, I was listening, and it is exactly why I go through the hassle. But I have been doing it for many years anyway. I haven't had a charge declined yet.  So despite the hassle, I will keep doing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rossislider said:

I dropped over $300 in app fees this go around. I have the draw morning down to a science. I have everything listed out for everyone on an excel spreadsheet. I am a bit of a nerd about this stuff.

Best admission I've heard from you in a long time.  Besides, if you get drawn, we'll just have to listen you whine and huff and puff about how you got outhiked by your teenage son again!  🤣

• Haha 1

Got notified my bank is issuing me a new card...not fraud related, just “due” since it expires in a few months I guess. Now I gotta make sure the new card doesn’t get activated until after the draw. LoL

Just now, IA Born said:

Best admission I've heard from you in a long time.  Besides, if you get drawn, we'll just have to listen you whine and huff and puff about how you got outhiked by your teenage son again!  🤣

One of these days my friend...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rossislider said:

One of these days my friend...

There's no shame in admitting getting beat by your son.  My 12-year old son, the black belt, takes it to me every time we spar each other.  Just man up for once...

Just now, IA Born said:

There's no shame in admitting getting beat by your son.  My 12-year old son, the black belt, takes it to me every time we spar each other.  Just man up for once...

No doubt just one of many who would love to "take it to you"!🤣

1 minute ago, rossislider said:

No doubt just one of many who would love to "take it to you"!🤣

I'm not going to Broke Back Mountain with you, Sean...