Non-Typical Solutions

Dodge Truck Owners

Driven a Ford all my life, looking at jumping Ford ship and seeing what Dodge does for me!

Anybody that can give me any information I appreciate it......what is the difference between the Dodge Classic SLT 1500 and the Dodge Ram BigHorn 1500?

Don't laugh.......but both of those will have at least the equivalent pulling power as the F150 Ecoboost right :) 

Actually been shopping for a Dodge Cummins

Ya at least

I've had my Ram 1500 since 2001 , even have original transmission 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Actually been shopping for a Dodge Cummins

My son is actually getting a 2008 this week. $19000.00 ouch

2 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

My son is actually getting a 2008 this week. $19000.00 ouch

$ Seems as inline as a 6.7 Cummins

Ya , not in line with my bank account, at least he's a diesel mechanic, so he can fix it..

• Like 1

Mainly you are looking at different trim packages. I have a 2017 Laramie. I looked at the Bighorn as well. The Laramie has all the bells and whistles in the interior. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Driven a Ford all my life, looking at jumping Ford ship and seeing what Dodge does for me!

Anybody that can give me any information I appreciate it......what is the difference between the Dodge Classic SLT 1500 and the Dodge Ram BigHorn 1500?

Don't laugh.......but both of those will have at least the equivalent pulling power as the F150 Ecoboost right :) 

I've driven Rams since 1998 or so.  The biggest difference between the two is typically what packages are optional vs what are standard.  The BigHorn will have more standard features (great features) that are optional in an SLT.  Two years ago, when I ordered my Ram 2500, I ended up ordering a Laramie BigHorn because I could get exactly what I wanted  for cheaper than adding all of the packages onto an SLT.

Just watch the gear shifter.  The same time I ordered my 2500, the Ram 1500s went to a gear shifter that is on the dashboard and looks like a radio knob.  Be careful!

• Like 2

Just now, IA Born said:

I've driven Rams since 1998 or so.  The biggest difference between the two is typically what packages are optional vs what are standard.  The BigHorn will have more standard features (great features) that are optional in an SLT.  Two years ago, when I ordered my Ram 2500, I ended up ordering a Laramie BigHorn because I could get exactly what I wanted  for cheaper than adding all of the packages onto an SLT.

Just watch the gear shifter.  The same time I ordered my 2500, the Ram 1500s went to a gear shifter that is on the dashboard and looks like a radio knob.  Be careful!

I've been driving a loaner Dodge 1500 with the shifter on the dashboard.....took some getting used to and kinda weird but after a week of driving it no issues.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Wow, you are coming onto a public forum and admitting you own a Ford? Ouch, that is just inviting trouble!😂

I wear big boy pants and knew I was taking a big risk at being thrown to the wolves but hey I figured I could get somemeasurablee information maybe 10% on average :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I've been driving a loaner Dodge 1500 with the shifter on the dashboard.....took some getting used to and kinda weird but after a week of driving it no issues.

That's great.  2018 was the last year the 2500s/3500s had standard column shifters.  I was nervous enough with the transfer case shifter being on the dashboard...

Having the knob shifter definitely took some getting used to. Ive had my truck for over a year and havent had any issues with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I wear big boy pants and knew I was taking a big risk at being thrown to the wolves but hey I figured I could get somemeasurablee information maybe 10% on average :) 

I still have my 1978 F150 that my dad bought brand new.  I loved it and vowed "Ford for Life" until I started driving a Ram.  I almost for an F250, but was over the IFS and wanted solid axles again.  Of course, two years into my solid axles, leaf springs on all corners 2500, and my kidneys hate me with every bump.

Besides, there are worse things in life to admit to.  You could admit you own a 6.5CM!  BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IA Born said:

I still have my 1978 F150 that my dad bought brand new.  I loved it and vowed "Ford for Life" until I started driving a Ram.  I almost for an F250, but was over the IFS and wanted solid axles again.  Of course, two years into my solid axles, leaf springs on all corners 2500, and my kidneys hate me with every bump.

Besides, there are worse things in life to admit to.  You could admit you own a 6.5CM!  BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I drove my 79 F150 up until 2015 then got the eco boost.....my biggest concern is according to the books the ecoboost is rated at 13,200lbs and the Ram at 12,750lbs. I don't do enough pulling to know the difference, I pull my camp trail 20' like crazy in that ecoboost and no real issues!

As for that shifter............when I first saw it I thought.....who in their right mind puts that thing right there..........and I still scratch my head but with the electronics these new trucks have before you know it they'll have us all driving driverless cars...............................wait......................now you see how far behind the curve I am!!!! Thanks for your input!!!

• Like 1