Non-Typical Solutions

Dodge Truck Owners

What truck rides better on the road. I do way more miles on road now that I'M getting older . I am about ready to pull the trigger. At 64 I a have had nothing but Fords and very good ride. The only one to give me problems is My current one and only in the last 6 months. Mostly Electrical.  I have had 2 F-350's put 350K on both no problem ,3 F-150's no problem and high miles and a New Ranger (88) I would never reccomend. Some one convince me about Dodge and I will Listen. They are the nicest looking ,but I known since mid 70's like to break down and fall apart....Thanks..PS. This will probably be my last Truck................BOB!  

• Like 1

I’ve owned a ram truck since 2005. Traded first one a 05 1500 for a new 06 1500. Because I wanted a quad cab. It was the bighorn package. With that you get a gps 20 inch wheels better radio and overall trim package. If it’s a 4x4 it will also come with a engine, transmission, and transfer case skid plate. If you buy a 1500 it also comes with a better tow package, but order it with 3.92 gears it will tow much better. That’s what I had in my 06 with the 4.7l engine and it towed and off-road great. I traded it last year on a 05 Cummins with 262,000 on it and it was still running great. If you can get 18 inch wheels it will better off-road then 20 inch wheels.

Driving a 18 ram 2500 with Cummins.  Zero issues .    Had a f250 before .   I spent close to 15k keeping it running and was facing a $5500 repair when I said enough already.   Bought the ram for one reason.....Cummins.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, naturebob said:

What truck rides better on the road. I do way more miles on road now that I'M getting older . I am about ready to pull the trigger. At 64 I a have had nothing but Fords and very good ride. The only one to give me problems is My current one and only in the last 6 months. Mostly Electrical.  I have had 2 F-350's put 350K on both no problem ,3 F-150's no problem and high miles and a New Ranger (88) I would never reccomend. Some one convince me about Dodge and I will Listen. They are the nicest looking ,but I known since mid 70's like to break down and fall apart....Thanks..PS. This will probably be my last Truck................BOB!  

I’m not brand loyal...bought my Ram 2500 Cummins based on cost and my budget at the time. So far no big complaints but it does ride rough compared to my buddy’s F-250. He tows a lot and puts a lot of miles on the highway...says the F-250 is the best riding 3/4 ton he’s ever had. It does ride nice. 

Don’t by a dodge.  Dodge is the worst vehicle company in the us right now.  Unless you’re looking for a cumins, I’d move on.  Just my opinion, which is generally reflected by resale values.  Ever tow a heavy trailer with a dodge?  I have, it’s flat out embarrassing.  

follow Scotty Kilmer on YouTube for the most honest vehicle reviews out there. 

if you’re looking for a gas vehicle, go Toyota or go home.  

• Like 1

Dodge trucks are the nicest looking on the market. I’ve wanted one for years but haven’t been swayed from gmc yet. My Tacoma used to be my daily driver until I bought the wife an Audi. Now the Tacoma is like my side by side. If I ever buy a 3/4 ton 4x4 for towing and hunting, it’ll be a dodge. 

I had an 01 f250 powerstroke for years. That thing left me stranded more times than I can count. I spent thousands of dollars on keeping that pos alive. I traded it in and got a 2015 ram 2500 with a Cummins. It tows a million times better than my ford ever did. I have had zero issues so far. I bought it brand new and it hasn’t been to the shop yet. It can tow my 12,000lb toyhauler up the salt river canyon faster than I want. Perfect truck in my opinion. 

Anyone ever buy a vehicle using to costco auto buy program?  What is the best way to buy a Dodge or a Ford?

18 hours ago, AZBull said:

I had an 01 f250 powerstroke for years. That thing left me stranded more times than I can count. I spent thousands of dollars on keeping that pos alive. I traded it in and got a 2015 ram 2500 with a Cummins. It tows a million times better than my ford ever did. I have had zero issues so far. I bought it brand new and it hasn’t been to the shop yet. It can tow my 12,000lb toyhauler up the salt river canyon faster than I want. Perfect truck in my opinion. 

Any 2015 truck will tow better then a 2001.  More horses, better trannys with more gears, better suspension. More features all around.

But my 2001 Ford that had a few things done to it towed a trailer up camp Verde hill doing 75 without dropping any RPMs.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, knothead said:

Anyone ever buy a vehicle using to costco auto buy program?  What is the best way to buy a Dodge or a Ford?

My son is the inventory/fleet manager at Earnhardt CJDR.

He can answer all of your Ram questions and is familiar with the Costco program.

PM me if you want his info.

• Like 1

Son pulled the trigger on a 2008 ram 2500 , 6.7 liter blue Tec fuel system, after market Peterbilt turbo billet aluminum stage 3 transmission with deep pan, and a bunch of other chit , that I have no idea what it is or does either. 150k for $19k. Sweet truck looks brand new and he can fix it if it needs fixed..

5 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

Any 2015 truck will tow better then a 2001.  More horses, better trannys with more gears, better suspension. More features all around.

But my 2001 Ford that had a few things done to it towed a trailer up camp Verde hill doing 75 without dropping any RPMs.  

Sure. I agree 100%. But the 01 didn’t do 0.015 of the percent the 2015 could. I’m just speaking from experience. And I mean it 1.5% of the new truck. That pos f250 wouldn’t even start half the time. I guess you can say it was lemon but dang man, it didn’t work. I bought that diesel truck thinking I would own it for life but I think it owned me.