Non-Typical Solutions

Dodge Truck Owners

7 hours ago, AZBull said:

Sure. I agree 100%. But the 01 didn’t do 0.015 of the percent the 2015 could. I’m just speaking from experience. And I mean it 1.5% of the new truck. That pos f250 wouldn’t even start half the time. I guess you can say it was lemon but dang man, it didn’t work. I bought that diesel truck thinking I would own it for life but I think it owned me. 

I had a great looking 96 f250 7.3 powerstroke that did the same to me.  It would drive great around town but as soon as you drove it out of town and it sat overnight it would not start.  It didn't matter what the temperature was, hot cold it did not matter.  Had it in the shop a few times and they did all kinds of crap to it and never was able to remedy it.  I think it had more to do with elevation change but who knows.  Sold it to a guy in san diego who just wanted it for beach camping.  The last two ford's I have owned have left a bitter taste in my mouth.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, AZkiller said:

I have a Dodge theory that in my experience of life has proven to be pretty accurate. I believe that 95% of Dodge owners have a functioning IQ at or below 100. That's the only way you can explain purchasing a Dodge

John Dutton drives dodges.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AZBull said:

Sure. I agree 100%. But the 01 didn’t do 0.015 of the percent the 2015 could. I’m just speaking from experience. And I mean it 1.5% of the new truck. That pos f250 wouldn’t even start half the time. I guess you can say it was lemon but dang man, it didn’t work. I bought that diesel truck thinking I would own it for life but I think it owned me. 

Yep, everyone's experience is different.  My experience was horrible with Dodge.  Our last two vehicles have been Toyota and I do the basic maintenance to them and they just keep going.  They hold their value. Lots of my family own Toyotas and nobody had had issues with them. My in laws have had well over 300,000 miles on some of them and they run and run.  Nothing but positives for them with us.  Isn't it great to have so many options!?

My son still drives the 01 Ford. Almost 300,000 on it.  Had to replace the tranny, and some alternators, starters but that's been about it. Been a good truck for the most part.

12 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

This is why I have the 5% wiggle room. Blake Owens prolly drives a Dodge too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

He also kept seeing a doctor who misdiagnosed his ulcer as colon cancer. 

• Like 1

My last two truck were 6.0 f250 and now the popular among smart buyers the ram 2500 cummins tradesman. I had all the usual issues with the 6.0 ford but made 10 years out of it and sold it for 9000.00 with 265,000 miles, hard to complain on that. even with all the bulletproof add ons and chips that ford was not even close to this cummins. I have had zero issues other than a few recalls. 130,000 miles and have never reset my milage which is at 19.2 mpg avg which includes a lot of towing and offroad. we are looking at picking up a 3500 this year with the upgraded trans also in the tradesman. 

I think I was 44,500 out the door with 2.75 financing and I did a refi with my union and took it down to 2.25 % just for switching. couple more payments and ill be shopping. Keeping this truck for the wife and going to flat bead my new one. If the virus don't get me first or I become non-essential.

My buddy bought a f250 diesel last year for 68,000 and after adding on a ton of toys he is up to 80,000 plus. Bad but truck no doubt but I cant even begin to imagine. Ill have 2 trucks for almost the same price, especially after his crappy finiancing. Oh and his avg mpg is 15 mpg

• Like 3

24k and a Trump sticker on your rear window.  That is a heck of a deal. 

What year is the truck and how many miles did it have on it?

Just now, knothead said:

24k and a Trump sticker on your rear window.  That is a heck of a deal. 

What year is the truck and how many miles did it have on it?

It's a 2017.  Mileage is high at 165k, but I felt the price was right. My 2002 has 178k my son is buying it.

• Like 1

Well funny how that works, headed up the hill this morning my ram diesel tossed the turbo actuator. 3,000 bill coming my way. Extended warranty covers it luckily just barely. Luckily we limped into verde and have a place for the mules. Bummer, guess it could happen. Repair guy says it’s not very common but he has done a couple. 

On 6/27/2020 at 1:20 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

He also kept seeing a doctor who misdiagnosed his ulcer as colon cancer. 

He keeps giving his prick son opportunities to betray him too. 

49 minutes ago, bigorange said:

He keeps giving his prick son opportunities to betray him too. 

Preach! Beth is the only one who sees Jaime for what he really is!

Rip is my dude though!

And of course.... Casey.... hes the best out of all of em 🤣

• Like 3

Just now, firstcoueswas80 said:

Preach! Beth is the only one who sees Jaime for what he really is!

Rip is my dude though!

And of course.... Casey.... hes the best out of all of em 🤣

???!!!