Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Tacoma questions

To those of you that know more about it than me I have a question. 

I know they hold their value ridiculously well but if anyone could give an estimate of how much over or under KBB they are worth. 

Specs

2010 silver double cab Tacoma TRD off road pkg. 83,000 one owner, older lady that just got diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Couple of small dings, but in very good shape. 

Thanks, just looking at ideas. 

Gave 20k for mine, a year ago, very similar spec an mileage, right at the top of BB. . .one of the best trucks Ive ever owned period.

I read your post and in my head spitballed 20K. then scored down and saw Hoofnit's post. Not to old and low miles. I had a 2010 2dr stick shift with 70K miles I bought for 21K and sold last year for 15K and could have gotten more if I asked. The young guy that bought mine was thrilled at the price, I was ok owning it for about @100 a month.

200,00 no problem ill give you 15k hahaha these things hold their value like no other and people pay crazy prices for them. I want one so bad but cant spend that much on a vehicle with tons of miles 

Got my daughter same exact truck 2 years ago at a Dealer that we know. 89K with brand new tires. Paid 20,800.

ETA: Ours is a PreRunner. OP didn't say if it was 4WD or not.

If she's got Alzheimers, tell her  she's got a 1999 Tacoma, and  it's worth $2500.

Yeah, I know... special place in Hades  reserved for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

If she's got Alzheimers, tell her  she's got a 1999 Tacoma, and  it's worth $2500.

Yeah, I know... special place in Hades  reserved for me.

Wow, you are not taking the stairs down, you a getting a first class elevator ride!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I watched a nice crew cab 2wd 158,000 miles bring 1700 over wholesale value yesterday. I have no idea what you guys see in these trucks for the money

• Like 2

The dealership offered me $30k for my 2015 with 40k last year, I'm still driving it. Prices are stupid anymore..

On 6/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, wildwoody said:

The dealership offered me $30k for my 2015 with 40k last year, I'm still driving it. Prices are stupid anymore..

Lol me too.

Being in the car biz 45 years, I have never seen used car prices at auction across the board this high.  If that Tacoma is a 4WD dealers are paying $2-3k over book. New car inventory is at an all time low. Some Toyota dealers have no trucks.

• Like 3

I have never owned a Tacoma but have owned 4 pre 94 4x4 Toyotas trucks and 1 4 runner. You can't beat em.

Gotta brag a bit on the latest  one I scored 2 months ago. Once in life deal 1990 4x4 extended cab, 5spd,AC power windows and locks. Never off road always in AZ. 122K one owner miles.All receipts since new , original window sticker. Perfect in every way

It is like I went back in time to 90 and bought a new truck. Paid 7K for it. Ill keep it the rest of my  days. Life is good. Now I need a sheep tag

39 minutes ago, muley224 said:

Being in the car biz 45 years, I have never seen used car prices at auction across the board this high.  If that Tacoma is a 4WD dealers are paying $2-3k over book. New car inventory is at an all time low. Some Toyota dealers have no trucks.

The cost of new 4x4's is bonkers too though and seems to offset the high dollars that can be fetched on the trades. I've done really well on my Tacoma's since '06 and have kicked the idea around of trading my '12 in but the price for a new one has gone way the heck up. The low new truck inventory seems to offset the pro's of the high market value for used. Any suggestions on how to best take advantage of the market?