Sign in to follow this  
camoremi

Pajarita wilderness

Draw is Friday.  If my card is hit it will be for that 36b  I’m gonna head down to the wilderness area trailhead and just hike around do some glassing on July 6  if anyone else wants to team up LMK  I have planned a whole day once or twice a month to head down and I’m breaking the unit up into smaller areas to investigate   

Goodluck on the draw everyone

-Richard

• Like 2

A good plan indeed for a unit that has hunters everywhere! Great unit and I am also hoping I am drawn for this unit. Best of luck to everyone!

3 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

A good plan indeed for a unit that has hunters everywhere! Great unit and I am also hoping I am drawn for this unit. Best of luck to everyone!

I’ve never been down there.  Just wanted to pick some meshing with good draw odds so I can get out.   Definitely be a learning curve on a new unit. My go to is unit 21

3 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Im game. Depending on schedule etc. Love it down there but man will it be hot.

I’m in north Peoria if you want to carpool or we could meet down there.  Look on the bright side it’s like 6 degrees cooler down there. Pm me if interested. 

Take a few bucks cash along, and do the town of Ruby tour. I forget what it costs, but there is no electricity there so you can't swipe a card.

1 hour ago, 10Turkeys said:

Take a few bucks cash along, and do the town of Ruby tour. I forget what it costs, but there is no electricity there so you can't swipe a card.

Pretty cool?

5 minutes ago, camoremi said:

Pretty cool?

Yes, at least for me it was. It's an old mining camp that was booming in the 20's and 30's. I think it was open for a little while in the 40's during WWll, but hasn't been worked for quite awhile.

9 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Yes, at least for me it was. It's an old mining camp that was booming in the 20's and 30's. I think it was open for a little while in the 40's during WWll, but hasn't been worked for quite awhile.

$15for tour. Closed indefinitely due to covid 

Glass the overlooked country in that Unit.   One of the largest whitetail bucks I have seen down there was glassed from a major highway!