Sign in to follow this  
Oldboar2

6BN Archery Antelope

Good day, headed up to start learning a bit more about this unit for Pronghorn.  Will be my first Archery pronghorn hunt.  There are only 10 tags given out for the unit, but less treeless area than many to hunt them in. 

I dislike other hunters....so hoping to find places with less interaction.  Any input is appreciated!  I can share info on units 11M, 27 for elk, and 23, 27, 4A, 4B turkey hunting if someone has something solid they'd like to share.  Not a leach....just trying to get a leg up on how the goats act in the "trees", and staying away from other hunters.

Thanks much!

PM is good as well , if interested

oz31p....Thanks a lot!  I just spit my morning coffee all over my keyboard!  LOL!

I appreciate the response!  People are wayyy to serious now days.  I'll drop you details of my hunt afterwards. 

Always excited for a new area, and I like to walk:)  I'm super curious about the tree'd areas and how they move in and out of them.

50 minutes ago, Oldboar2 said:

oz31p....Thanks a lot!  I just spit my morning coffee all over my keyboard!  LOL!

I appreciate the response!  People are wayyy to serious now days.  I'll drop you details of my hunt afterwards. 

Always excited for a new area, and I like to walk:)  I'm super curious about the tree'd areas and how they move in and out of them.

I was kidding. Well kinda. I’ve been putting in for that unit but I don’t have any info at all. I don’t think I’ve even ever stepped foot in the unit. My plan is to just scout like heck. 

If I had any info I’d gladly share it. 

• Like 1

i understand there is a group around Rogers Lake but i have never seen them.  There are antelope around Fry Park.  i have seen them in the park but more often  in the pines north of the park and on the west side of the park.  They are not necessarily close to the park, sometimes a mile or more into the trees.  There is a park west of Fry Park (long and not too wide) that runs east and west - have seen them in there as well.

I'll be sure to post some pic's of my scouting....everyone can live vicariously through my scouting.  Originally from the Midwest, I am excited to hunt the tree's as well as the flats.  Crazy fun to me.