Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Bull Elk Tag Transfer

25 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I’m dumb and old? I’m 34 bruh. Most people are working a “job” when they’re 19, not a career. If my “Job” not “career” would not let me take time off, i’d find a new one. 

Then your just being dumb.

WhyTF would you tell someone to quit his job if they dont get to hunt (he has he has up to 10 days).. I'll tell you why cause its no skin off your back like others. like others spouting off about it.

you have no clue what the kid does for work, you dont know his situation or anything about him. other than he is a 19 year old kid and has 2 good tags.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Delw said:

Then your just being dumb.

WhyTF would you tell someone to quit his job if they dont get to hunt (he has he has up to 10 days).. I'll tell you why cause its no skin off your back like others. like others spouting off about it.

you have no clue what the kid does for work, you dont know his situation or anything about him. other than he is a 19 year old kid and has 2 good tags.

I come off of quarentine from work on Wednessay so as soon as I get there I will tell them my situation. I am hoping to get 10 days off. 4 for elk and 6 for deer. Or maybe 5 and 5?

7 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I come off of quarentine from work on Wednessay so as soon as I get there I will tell them my situation. I am hoping to get 10 days off. 4 for elk and 6 for deer. Or maybe 5 and 5?

Take priority on the deer tag.  The draw odds on that elk tag are like 40% with just loyalty and hunter Ed points and nearly guaranteed every other year or every third year.   I would hunt the weekends only for the elk tag and put all my eggs in the late kaibab deer tag basket.  You can kill raghorns on a lot of hunts nearly every year, but a chance at a 190+ muley only comes around a few times in your whole life so make the most of it. 
I would also focus my scouting on the deer hunt.  That late archery elk tag will be tough to scout for anyhow.  It’ll be tough for just about anything to be honest.  Pretend you don’t have it or if you’re that worried about the points, turn it back so someone else can hunt it.  Using your ten day’s off you can hunt essentially the whole season of the late kaibab.  If they auctioned that tag off like they do in UT that would be a $40,000 deer tag.  Your late 10 archery hunt wouldn’t bring much in comparison.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Take priority on the deer tag.  The draw odds on that elk tag are like 40% with just loyalty and hunter Ed points and nearly guaranteed every other year or every third year.   I would hunt the weekends only for the elk tag and put all my eggs in the late kaibab deer tag basket.  You can kill raghorns on a lot of hunts nearly every year, but a chance at a 190+ muley only comes around a few times in your whole life so make the most of it. 
I would also focus my scouting on the deer hunt.  That late archery elk tag will be tough to scout for anyhow.  It’ll be tough for just about anything to be honest.  Pretend you don’t have it or if you’re that worried about the points, turn it back so someone else can hunt it.  Using your ten day’s off you can hunt essentially the whole season of the late kaibab.  If they auctioned that tag off like they do in UT that would be a $40,000 deer tag.  Your late 10 archery hunt wouldn’t bring much in comparison.  

Exactly

the north of the canyon hunts are an absolute blast and the scenery is amazing along with the amount of deer you will see.

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

40,000?! Dang! Yeah I'll have to give my friend and family a talk and see what we can do. I knew it took a long long time but wow that is insane!

21 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

40,000?! Dang! Yeah I'll have to give my friend and family a talk and see what we can do. I knew it took a long long time but wow that is insane!

The auction tags on the paunsuguant sell for $40k+ in Utah.  That tag is late October rifle as well.  I would argue the late kaibab hunt is as good as that is anyday.   I’m not sure putting a price tag on those hunts and I hope AZ stays away from that type of system, but it does show you what kind of a quality opportunity you have and what it’s worth to some people.  I’m glad you got the tag instead of someone forking over big cash for it but just make sure you give it the attention it deserves.  And put some pics and a story up when it’s all over. 

Just now, yotebuster said:

The auction tags on the paunsuguant sell for $40k+ in Utah.  That tag is late October rifle as well.  I would argue the late kaibab hunt is as good as that is anyday.   I’m not sure putting a price tag on those hunts and I hope AZ stays away from that type of system, but it does show you what kind of a quality opportunity you have and what it’s worth to some people.  I’m glad you got the tag instead of someone forking over big cash for it but just make sure you give it the attention it deserves.  And put some pics and a story up when it’s all over. 

Of course! I wanna try to film it. I got a few gopros!

Only a parent or grandparent can donate their tag to a minor child.  Not a sibling.

I am on the opposite side of the fence on this.  I say hunt the elk, turn in the 12AW tag.

Because maybe I will get lucky and get it when you turn it back in!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Only a parent or grandparent can donate their tag to a minor child.  Not a sibling.

I am on the opposite side of the fence on this.  I say hunt the elk, turn in the 12AW tag.

😂😂😂good one

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

You made my jaw drop.  Perfect color to hide your sneaky words.

• Haha 1

Hunt that deer hunt with every day you can. Whatever you have left use in the elk hunt. If you dont have any days left just hunt the elk on Saturday and Sunday. 

Scout that deer hunt, especially with all that has burned. It will be an interesting hunt up there. 

5 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

They should draw alternates. Tonya Harding comes to mind