DCS

Toyota 4x4

Rare,1995 Toyota Regular Cab,4x4,22 RE engine,84,000 orginal miles,very tight,very nice,drives like new,good tires,camper shell,needs nothing.$7500.00

• Like 4

I have one. Mid way in 1995 they stopped  production and started with the Tacoma. Easier to call it a 1994 when you buy parts so they don't get confused. Good trucks. Mine is same with Standard 5spd tranny. I have roughly 97k miles on mine. I had it as one of my company install trucks, and then down sized.

Fun trucks, abundant parts.

FYI, on the 22R series engines change the timing chain guide so the timing chain doesn't wear a hole in a water jacket about every 100k miles. The original timing chain guides are a plastic composite that eventually wears through/out.

Ran Toyota trucks in my company for years and I was the mechanic as well. Owned and rebuilt several in my day. I also still have the 1987 Toyota Turbo Extra cab I rebuilt from a low mileage rollover back in 1991. Memories! I've had that truck longer than my oldest child. I'm old!

Dang!  Wish I needed another pickup!

I had a 1984 'base' model 4X4 (Zero extras.  No A/C, no radio! LOL).  I believe that was next to last year they made them with strait axle.  I put 250K+ miles on it, and it NEVER let me down once!  Just a great pickup!

S.

• Like 1

Bigandy,post your phone number and I will send pics.Too old to know how to post pics.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Dang!  Wish I needed another pickup!

I had a 1984 'base' model 4X4 (Zero extras.  No A/C, no radio! LOL).  I believe that was next to last year they made them with strait axle.  I put 250K+ miles on it, and it NEVER let me down once!  Just a great pickup!

S.

Yes, I believe 1986 was the first year of the independent front suspension. Straight axel was stronger but the independent does give a nicer ride. Turbos were available in 86 and 87 only, I believe. In 88 they came out with the 6cyl. My 87 is the 22RE Turbo. They stopped the 22R series with the Tacoma in 1995, if I remember correctly. Tough little engine. Lots made. Memories.

DCS, does yours have cruise control and the temp/oil pressure gauges, or just idiot lights?

No cruise control,temp/oil pressure gauges.

Great trucks, my son has a 95 4x4 too. He's got 287000 on it with a rebuilt motor at 278000. 

I miss my 84. Wasn't the 85 4runner the only model to offer 22RE and the strait axle? 

My first truck was a 1980 Toyota pickup with the 20R motor. That little motor had some torque!  I've also owned a 1994 pickup that had the 22RE motor. That thing was bulletproof as you guys know well. Rare find for whoever is in the market. Good Luck with the sale, sounds like a great truck!

They are great little trucks.