Sign in to follow this  
NOTAGS

Bush Fire Destruction.

1 hour ago, CouesPursuit said:

Just drove past mile marker 232 southbound 87 (just north of Ord) and a double axle trailer just had a blowout and caused a brush fire on the west side of the highway.

We missed it in real time by less than a minute but the fire was moving fast, hope some resources are still around.

20200628_170956.jpg

20200628_170912.jpg

I was there at literally the same time you took these pics. It could get real ugly, real fast in there. 

4 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

I drove it all along Rosi and down 87 yesterday too. Ya, the north side of Ord is completely obliterated. It went from impassible to a lunar landscape..

Any thoughts about what happens to Rosi when the monsoons wash all the ash and debris into the lake? Sure would hate to see the lake die too.. 

How close did it get to the town there at the lake?

40 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

I was there at literally the same time you took these pics. It could get real ugly, real fast in there. 

It is supposed to get real windy tonight and very windy tomorrow so I hope they can jump on it right away.

17 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

How close did it get to the town there at the lake?

Not all that close to the main populated areas. Several hundred yards maybe and some, not even that close?  Some fingers were burned on one side down pretty low while the other side of the same finger is still green. The houses furthest to the South are really creepy to see. The houses didn't burn but they burned everything around them, right up to the house. (I'm sure it was all back-burned)  As horrific as it is, they did an amazing job of protecting the structures and what I think is even more impressive is that they were able to prevent it from jumping any of the main roads. I don't know if they saved every structure but I didn't see any that were lost.

Many places it burned down to the lake edge and a few places it jumped the road and burned between 188 and the lake. It looked like as long as there were no structures there, they let it jump. Some parts of the road railing are laying on the ground because the wood posts in the ground burned up.

I took my camera but between driving and just trying to take it all in, I took 0 pics.

As you stated in the OP, the overall size of the fire is hard to grasp. When you are up by the bridge and see smoke way down by Punkin Center, the magnitude of it kind of sets in...

Very sad.

15 minutes ago, bowhunter4life said:

Is the old 3 bar wildlife area now gone?  Incredible photos!  

From what I’ve heard it burnt pretty badly