Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

.243 for mulies?

13 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

"If I dont hit the animal they rarely die". Tell us about the rare ones that did die.😄 and cause of death.

Sorry, I thought that was funny. Maybe I have the bat flu and a fever.

Breaking news! Elk shot with 243 dies of the coronavirus.

• Like 1

Kidding aside to OP.  243 has its place.  If i was in your shoes id keep the 243 for coues and smaller game.  Get a 7mm for bigger animals like elk and big muleys.  Yes a 243 can work for elk and big deer. But when its time to shoot a big animal at a farther distance a heavier caliber is better.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Breaking news! Elk shot with 243 dies of the coronavirus.

Go catch a fish😰

13 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Go catch a fish😰

I hope you really mean that.  I better consult with the fishing brick.

16 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I hope you really mean that.  I better consult with the fishing brick.

What's the fishing brick?

1 hour ago, Delw said:

Stick with your .243 and get 90 grain Nosler ballistic tips. youll be good out to 500 yard and then some if you can shoot.

you already have the gun you know how it shoots so stick with it. besides why waste money unless of coarse you want to..

if your on the west side I have a thousand+ or so rounds of loaded ammo you can try out. I probably got some heavier weights also as I have tons of .243 stuff cause its Primarily what I shoot besides my 300.

other wise pick up a box of the noslers go to range and shoot it, try a box of other brands as well and see what groups best for your gun.

Sounds good! Thank you! I bought a new scope for it and I am learning how to mount it tomorrow! I got 85 grain Winchester copper rounds to try and if I dont like them those will be my next choice!

24 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

What's the fishing brick?

It's a brick I throw in the air.  When i throw it I say "should I go fishing!?" If it lands on the ground that means yes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

It's a brick I throw in the air.  When i throw it I say "should I go fishing!?" If it lands on the ground that means yes.  

Imma use that!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Kinda like the original topic. If you throw the brick and it doesn't land, what happens.😝? The fishing was rare?

Just playn around😏

1 minute ago, 5guyshunting said:

Kinda like the original topic. If you throw the brick and it doesn't land, what happens.😝? The fishing was rare?

Just playn around😏

If that happens it's a true miracle and you dang well better go fishing!

• Like 2

I killed my first 2 elk and 3 deer with my first rifle, savage lever action 243..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Sounds good! Thank you! I bought a new scope for it and I am learning how to mount it tomorrow! I got 85 grain Winchester copper rounds to try and if I dont like them those will be my next choice!

If you are west side, and want a hand, let me know.  I have all the proper tools, and would have no problem helping you out.  Home today through next Monday!  Nice having a week off work.

I’ve shot 7 deer and all were shot with a .243 100 grain bullet. Shots ranged from 50 yards to 300 yards. It carries light when walking and covering ground also. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

If you are west side, and want a hand, let me know.  I have all the proper tools, and would have no problem helping you out.  Home today through next Monday!  Nice having a week off work.

I live far east! I'll keep it in mind though! Thank you!

45 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I’ve shot 7 deer and all were shot with a .243 100 grain bullet. Shots ranged from 50 yards to 300 yards. It carries light when walking and covering ground also. 

Wow that's awesome! I am getting my scope installed now because I failed my first time! Lol! But I am gonna go shooting at the range this week! I am more of an archery guy so I really gotta practice!