Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

.243 for mulies?

8 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

sst's are lead

I stand corrected I should have said GMX. I think those are the copper ones I got for my daughter for the .243.

I dont know if they are still giving out a voucher for a free box of loaded non-lead ammo or bullets with a Kaibab tag? If so I would try the Barnes 80 gr. TTSX.

My sons R 700 in 308 shoots 1 inch groups at 200 yards and my 3006 shoots an average 5/8 inch at 100. Both with 150 gr. TTSX Barnes factory load, I dont bother hand loading non-lead bullets for these two.

If you do try them make sure your barrel is clean before you start shooting them.

On 7/15/2020 at 6:10 AM, 452b264 said:

I dont know if they are still giving out a voucher for a free box of loaded non-lead ammo or bullets with a Kaibab tag? If so I would try the Barnes 80 gr. TTSX.

My sons R 700 in 308 shoots 1 inch groups at 200 yards and my 3006 shoots an average 5/8 inch at 100. Both with 150 gr. TTSX Barnes factory load, I dont bother hand loading non-lead bullets for these two.

If you do try them make sure your barrel is clean before you start shooting them.

Sounds good! Thanks!

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

what do you think about .243 for ram?

I'm sure it would do just fine but if there was ever a reason to not play the fringe!

• Like 2

On 6/29/2020 at 12:31 PM, AZ Wildcat said:

I would never discourage someone from buying a new rifle, and a bigger caliber wouldn’t hurt.  But .243s have killed a lot of deer and a fair number of elk at closer ranges.  I wouldn’t hesitate to use it for that hunt if you shoot it well. 

+1

a.jpg

28 minutes ago, creed_az_88 said:

They're easy to get close to. 30-30 win just cuz. Or a bow. 

In the cabeza prieta wilderness?? My dad wants to bring his bow in case he sees a ram that he can stalk. I’m trying to talk him out of it. 

56 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

In the cabeza prieta wilderness?? My dad wants to bring his bow in case he sees a ram that he can stalk. I’m trying to talk him out of it. 

I would encourage him to take the bow if that's what he wants. Hunt with a bow but take along a rifle afield too. 

11 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I would encourage him to take the bow if that's what he wants. Hunt with a bow but take along a rifle afield too. 

im doing everything i can to crap him out about the bow. for all i know we might not even find a shooter ram. he says he wants to use a bow, i know my dad and if he shot a 160" with his bow he will look at it on his wall and be mad he didnt try and hold out and find a 170 with his rifle. but i dont care. i think when he sees the unit he might change his mind also. but its whatever he wants

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Let him take the bow. You be the mule. 

i talked to him last night, he said he wants to try and use his bow. so yeah, fml. 

• Haha 1