matt

Savage axis rifles

If anyone is looking for a new savage axis rifle in 223, 243, or 270, Walmart has them on clearance right now. Greenfield and the 60. 199 for some and 260 for others.

8972BE67-A20F-4996-87E7-8442CD5C06B5.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice prices.

Sad to see Walmart getting out of the Firearms business. My first and still current hunting rifle came from there.

That being said I am going to have to head down to my local Walmart to see if they are doing the same.

34 minutes ago, More D said:

Nice prices.

Sad to see Walmart getting out of the Firearms business. My first and still current hunting rifle came from there.

That being said I am going to have to head down to my local Walmart to see if they are doing the same.

David,

Walmart has been putting the Axis on sale across the country now for six months. I have an Axis and I see this get posted on and off in the Savage Axis Forum.

2 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Those don't have the accutrigger.

People who only have $200 to spend on a rifle won’t care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, More D said:

Nice prices.

Where did you hear that walmart is getting out of the firearm business?  There's lots of clearance remington 770s and savage axis at the stapley Walmart.

$260 for the hardwood, no accutrigger.

.223, .243, .270, .30-06.

$199 for youth muddy girl in .243

Stapley and Southern

$175.00 each Black Plastic Stock Axis Savages

.223, 22-250, .243, .270, .308, 30-06

No accutrigger.

$290.00 each Mossy Oak Stock Axis Savages

With accutrigger and with Bushnell 4x12x 40 scope

My 243 will shoot MOA with factory ammo. One of these days I'll set my reloading stuff back up. I did replace the factory trigger with a Rifle Basix but other than that it is still the way it was when I bought it.

A lot of people replace the plastic factory stock with a Boyds but I bought it for varmints and Javelina as a 100 yard rifle I could carry around all day and shoot offhand. If I were to buy another it would be a 6.5 since I don't own anything in that caliber.

• Like 1

Walmart clearances guns / ammo pretty much once a year, or more. Great opportunity to pickup rifles on sale.

Previous comments were FYI's, not judgements. Savage seems to have there barrels, etc. figured out. I've heard from several places the above results are not uncommon, and for the price? Their trigger setup seems to be really safe and innovative. 

I forgot to mention the $290 Savage Axis' come with a heavy barrel.

BP had a similar sale last fall, but you had to use BP's CC and file for a Factory Rebate of $75 each, limit 5. I had to fight to get two of my rebates. 

No rebates now that I know of.

A complete .223 hunting rifle with a good trigger for $290 plus tax. Gun, Scope, Scope rings, scope mounted. Dial it in and bang! Ready to go.

Maybe they'll be on sale again this fall, but they definitely are on sale now.

Thanks matt for the notification.

• Like 2

Here's a handy tool to search Walmart inventory using your zip code.  Use the "SKU finder" link near the top.  I searched for Savage Rifle and it listed a bunch to select from.

From the select list, if you click the box with arrow in it, a new tab will open for that item.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=120713755

Eddie

On 6/29/2020 at 10:14 AM, matt said:

If anyone is looking for a new savage axis rifle in 223, 243, or 270, Walmart has them on clearance right now. Greenfield and the 60. 199 for some and 260 for others.

8972BE67-A20F-4996-87E7-8442CD5C06B5.jpeg

Matt, thanks for the heads up.  Picked up the Predator model with the heavy barrel in  stainless with camo stock, Acutrigger, and the 4x12 Bushnell for $290.  Had to hit three Wally Worlds to find it though.

Gonna make a great truck gun for when those yotes pop up unexpectedly .  At that price, almost wanna buy another.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Matt, thanks for the heads up.  Picked up the Predator model with the heavy barrel in  stainless with camo stock, Acutrigger, and the 4x12 Bushnell for $290.  Had to hit three Wally Worlds to find it though.

Gonna make a great truck gun for when those yotes pop up unexpectedly .  At that price, almost wanna buy another.

Nice. I hear ya. Took everything I had to walk away from a .223 but I already have two and don’t need another. Lol.