firstcoueswas80

Glassing chair for big dudes

Here is a picture of how I would set it up for glassing with my tripod. Keep in mind, you are sitting up higher, so your tripod legs will be more extended. With the legs extended, you can get your knees under the tripod and bring it right up to the chair. 

20200629_142042.thumb.jpg.30ec5e389c6ed5d4bcf7236b0bbb3c1f.jpg

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Is it pretty comfy can you lean back in it without a toppling over and still glass?

The way the back is slanted, it is designed to sit/lean back in, which is not ideal for glassing. If you are sitting up straight glassing, you really aren't going to be using the back.

• Like 1

as far as stools go, the Walkstool is by far the best i've used. they are under 2lbs and hold a lot of weight. There are photos of the being used as jackstands under cars. They also collapse down so they fit in a pack really well. i'm 6'4" 230lbs and they feel like they could hold three of me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

as far as stools go, the Walkstool is by far the best i've used. they are under 2lbs and hold a lot of weight. There are photos of the being used as jackstands under cars. They also collapse down so they fit in a pack really well. i'm 6'4" 230lbs and they feel like they could hold three of me. 

You won't find it at a better price than this.

https://www.novzon.com/folding-comfort-55-stool---large-walkstool

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

instead of a chair get a car window mount for your binos. 

La Z Boy with tripod in the back of the truck...

• Like 2

That is a good price. I think I paid around $80 for mine a couple years ago. 

28 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

instead of a chair get a car window mount for your binos. 

I have pulled a Rhino seat out several times and sat it on the ground, works great!

• Like 1

I’ve been looking into the hillsound stool that is sold on outdoorsmans website. I haven’t bought one yet, but probably will. There are two height options. 

Our group all had "WalkStool" stools.  One guy is 6'5" and was probably 275 and has used his for years now. 

I've been using CampTime's Roll-a-Chair for extended glassing sessions for the last 8 years. Have used it out of the truck as well as packed it (2.5 lb). I've found the 4-legged design much more stable than tri-legged stools/chairs, and is much stronger due to its larger diameter tubing (rated for 250 lb, but have had veterans heavier than that use it). Very comfortable with a foldable back and a higher 19" seat height (this is really nice). Pricing still under $60.

Hunt - Roll-a-Chair.jpg

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

You won't find it at a better price than this.

https://www.novzon.com/folding-comfort-55-stool---large-walkstool

I use the Walkstool Comfort 45cm/18in version for glassing and I love it.  Be aware of the difference between the Comfort and Basic models and the different sizes though.  I'm every bit of 6'0" sans shoes and and I bought the large, 55cm/22in version at first because most of my other stuff is size large.  But I found it is too high for me to be comfortable extended glassing periods.  (Tends to cut the circulation on my legs after a while.)  I've not sold it because it's great for other stuff like serving as a suitcase stand for visitors.  I also bring a glassing pad by Phoenix Shooting Bags and switch back and forth depending on how high the vegetation is and how my back is feeling.