firstcoueswas80

Glassing chair for big dudes

You guys have given some killer recommendations. 

Well, other than the guy who sucked on cancer sticks his entire life.

Directors chair.  Less than 20 at wallyworld. 

I usually grab them used at yard sales for 5. 

Probably got 10 ,  

Different brands. Aluminium  ones are very light easy to strap on back of pack, little bulky but if sitting for hrs in blinds or glassing , well worth the effort!

Only way to go for a big guy.

At camp  best chair ever. Dudes always tryn sit in my chair compared to what else is there or they brought.

3114966d-01b2-43c8-adce-50d426304bf4_3.b7dea9e6f549a19aa1e7305336d3f3d6.png

• Like 1

What's with the Walkstool logo? I can't tell what the heck is on top of the legs???

Walk.JPG

12 minutes ago, Nuker said:

What's with the Walkstool logo? I can't tell what the heck is on top of the legs???

Walk.JPG

Ballsack. Just kidding, but my brothers and I have always wondered the same thing and thought it was pretty silly looking.

I am 61 years old and still prefer a pad on the ground. Key tip...you must have your legs slightly down hill or it will kill your back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZ Free Man said:

Ballsack. Just kidding, but my brothers and I have always wondered the same thing and thought it was pretty silly looking.

If it’s not a ballsack it’s like one of those chairs with the butt-shaped indents turned sideways...needs a ballsack indent though. 

On 6/29/2020 at 1:56 PM, rossislider said:

You might check out the Helinox chairs. The are super packable, only weigh a couple of pounds, and are supposed to support up to 320 pounds. I really like mine. I don't usually take it on pack trips and usually opt for the pad. But I have a couple of times, especially if I think I am going to want to sit a little higher. Always end up glad when I actually do take it. I am 6'4" and currently weigh about 200 (maybe a few more thanks to my work from home COVID-19 eating habits.😥

They aren't cheap.

https://helinox.com/collections/chair-one

Here are a couple of pictures of mine to give you a better idea of size. 

20200629_140726.thumb.jpg.6176e8fdc0f3687171d86432d8a3990b.jpg20200629_140748.thumb.jpg.b66ee1bc6fc4730e78c847328ba3a302.jpg

Costco carried the 

Cascade Mountain Tech Ultralight Highback Camping Chair

Item #2000562  https://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/202005/MobilePagedArticle.action?articleId=1582678#articleId1582678

I think I paid $29.99.  They are rated for 250# and very similar to helinox

93EE5BBB-A696-4F05-8556-31B7D9895E2A.jpeg

C32F326D-D31C-4179-91A0-098584AFFDAD.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Shane.A.Luke said:

As far as directors chair, why not go all the way to the full throne. It include a magazine holder. 

E6DBC034-07DF-47E9-A998-15CB4E0D23EF.jpeg

It's two things!

Do you draw straws to see who has to clean the legs at the end of the trip?  🤢

• Haha 1

Don’t hate me...but do your job and burn weight..or standing air squats will work. I use a typical style four post setup. I haven’t fallen yet. Unless you’re fighting your weight to the master heavy weight title just back down...a little. I feel like I pack a pretty heavy setup but also feel it doesn’t effect me much when I weighed 35lbs more. Just saying. Weight loss is more easier and less equal to more weight packed.