Sign in to follow this  

bars, gyms, theaters , tubing ect

I don't know what to think of it anymore. i know a couple people that have had it. one was older (60's) and it didn't do much. the other was a friend that is is in his late 30's, strong and fit and it hit him pretty hard. I'm starting a job at a hospital in Yuma and met with their director last week and he said it is really bad in Yuma. hospitals are all full and a lot of people dying. Another friend is a nurse at St. Joe's and she said the hospital is full of covid patients and a lot of them are in really bad shape. I'm going to continue living my life but it seems worse than the flu. I'm no doctor but i don't think wearing a mask is going to help anything but if it does, it's nothing more than a small inconvenience. I'm as sick of this BS as anyone else. Been working from home since early March and it's really gettin old but I am happy i'm still employed, unlike a lot of people. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Guessing you are not in healthcare?

You seem quite knowledgeable in fields you dont work in.

Would you mind sharing what Q3 in the semiconductor business will look like?

How about carpet sales at Joe's taco and tire for the year 2021 you think they will be in the red or no?

oh so youre the covid expert? let me guess, its really gonna hit in 2 weeks right? 

1500 deaths in arizona. some of those 1500 cases were gonna die anyway covid or not. out of 8 million people. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I don't know what to think of it anymore. i know a couple people that have had it. one was older (60's) and it didn't do much. the other was a friend that is is in his late 30's, strong and fit and it hit him pretty hard. I'm starting a job at a hospital in Yuma and met with their director last week and he said it is really bad in Yuma. hospitals are all full and a lot of people dying. Another friend is a nurse at St. Joe's and she said the hospital is full of covid patients and a lot of them are in really bad shape. I'm going to continue living my life but it seems worse than the flu. I'm no doctor but i don't think wearing a mask is going to help anything but if it does, it's nothing more than a small inconvenience. I'm as sick of this BS as anyone else. Been working from home since early March and it's really gettin old but I am happy i'm still employed, unlike a lot of people. 

Good luck with the new job. I work from home but picked up some weekend work at a local hospital since my wife’s hours have been cut...every time I go in I worry I might bring it home. Neighbor is an airline pilot and brought it home to his wife and kids...

Just talked to another very close friend this morning that has it. 32 and healthy. He said the first few days were kinda rough but nothing crazy. Lots of fatigue, coughing and short on breath. Said it's not much worse than the flu or a chest cold. 

7,286,000 people in AZ

1,588 Covid deaths in AZ

0.0002179522 chance of dying from Covid

You got a better chance of drawing Bighorn and Bull elk in same year!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZLance said:

7,286,000 people in AZ

1,588 Covid deaths in AZ

0.0002179522 chance of dying from Covid

You got a better chance of drawing Bighorn and Bull elk in same year!

I'm picking up what you're laying down. But you really can't divide the death rate by the population until we've all been infected, which according to CNN, could be any day now thanks to the bad orange man. Lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

oh so youre the covid expert? let me guess, its really gonna hit in 2 weeks right? 

1500 deaths in arizona. some of those 1500 cases were gonna die anyway covid or not. out of 8 million people. 

Not an expert. I do believe covering our mugs is better then not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Not an expert. I do believe covering our mugs is better then not.

Some people should use duct tape. I'm fed up with fat unhealthy people telling me to mask up. Not saying you are I don't know you but the best defense against any virus is to be as healthy as possible.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

Some people should use duct tape. I'm fed up with fat unhealthy people telling me to mask up. Not saying you are I don't know you but the best defense against any virus is to be as healthy as possible.

True statement. 

Dude gets killed by train: COVID killed him

girl commits suicide by gun: COVID killed her 

mans eaten by shark: COVID claimed him

107 yo man dies from heart complications: COVID killed him.

Guy slices his own neck with  forty chainsaws to get in the Guinness world record and dies of: corona virus 

• Like 1

I'm glad a lot of folks on here don't seem to know many people who have had it. I also don't believe the government has the right to pick and choose who gets shut down and who doesn't.

In just the last two weeks, I know of 9 people that have had it... all effected in different ways. A friend of my fiance that was one year ahead of her in med school got it helping these patients and spent a week in the ICU. She is very healthy and 32 years old. It is a serious thing. 

On that note, my fiance just finished her internal medicine residency and has been treating these patients... I'm worried about her and her colleagues. And I feel for the doctors who may be put in a position to pick and choose who might get or not get critical resources or someone who needs an ICU doesn't have a bed in an ICU. ICU capacity is the only acceptable reason to shut anything down. That narrative went away quickly the first time when AZ hospitals were not even close to capacity and we should have quickly reopened - until we were in a position similar to the one we are now. Just my point of view. 

I also own and operate my own company and felt the impact of work shortages a couple months ago, so I'm not unaware of what that is like either. After a month of things being pretty slow and stressful, we are now busier than we have ever been. I do feel responsible for the livelihood of my 14 employees and thankfully - so far - we've been okay. We've worked hard to make that happen, and luckily we were tagged as "essential". Can't imagine the stress and anxiety of small business owners who own businesses that are "nonessential". I don't blame them for staying open. It's up to their patrons/customers to decide whether or not to do business with them. 

Now about this mask stuff - I really don't understand the push back here. If wearing a mask can help this thing even a little... What's the harm? I don't want my business to close, I want my employees to earn full paychecks, I want to return to normal ASAP, I don't want my fiance to get sick, and I want her to be able to give every single one of her patients the highest level of care & the best chance to survive any illness - this one included. I wear a bandana and pull it up when I'm around people and leave it down when I'm not. I wash my hands more frequently as well. It's fvcking easy...

Oh -  and for those of you unfamiliar with what the 'Crisis' standards of care are you can see the definition in the far right column below:

image.png.847e9bf5a977c5dc09f6cfd9aa78d71a.png

• Like 1