andrewmilich

thoughts on putting up stands early

5 hours ago, wildwoody said:

I did say I would throw trash out of my 460s&w, to clarify I wouldn't shoot anyone, unless you come after my wife and kids.  Continue. 

And this is the 72 hrs before and after a hunt begins and ends I'm speaking of. Same as a camp or should be correct? I have had my trailer tagged in Coconino by NFS  because I went home for a night, not my law. And the opportunists comment wasn't  directed at you unless you follow people around, which I don't think you do.. Nothing personal but this is a never ending fight.. Proceed please

I apologize if I'm misinterpreting the "throwing trash from your 460" piece and I hear what you're saying with the opportunists and people that are not respectful of someone else's property. I just don't agree that there is any form of entitlement to a spot unless you are there first, and regardless if that spot has a stand or blind brought in by someone else. I regularly see crap people have left for entire seasons or indefinitely - how can anyone honestly assess whether or not a stand is being used actively, every day, all day? Secondly, how easy would it be for me to cast out a net of blinds on all the tanks in area and therefore claim them all as my spots and just act like the jackwad elkoholic's story?

• Like 1

For sure, we all own the national forest, first come first serve in your own stand or blind..

• Like 1

I'm not too worried about my stands being there over 72 hours...they been there for over 6 years.

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I’ve never had this problem. Where I usually hunt my camp and spots are untouched all year. However, if I’m ever in a situation where my blind might be sat I would just tape a note to it....”if you beat me here and you have cell service please call me at 867-5309 and let me know your there. That way I don’t come ruin your hunt” if they don’t call then at least I tried.

• Like 3

Im pretty sure mine are burned to the ground.. but I have to wait until they open to confirm.