Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

46A East?

If it is a true 158 ram, then it could be a tough call for some.  That is probably a class 4 ram, but may be borderline.  There is nothing at all wrong with a 158, but depends on how handsome of a critter you think it is.  How is the mass?  Character?  Color?  Are you seeing other rams?  A 158 class ram, taken on a DIY, 100% fair chase hunt, especially someplace with difficult access, would be a fine trophy!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:39 PM, trphyhntr said:

It was not big enough. A few minutes later I spotted a decent one, we worked down into a heck hole and got a better look he was probably a 158 ram slightly better on one side than the other. Could not have killed him even if we wanted to, maybe could of had a 700 yard shot 

yup thats a nice one! I would take it for sure.

• Like 1

Beautiful ram heat,we're talking 1/2 " here 3/4" there.The score doesn't matter.

• Like 1

You're only halfway through the hunt. Hang in there and get ready for a transient brute coming your way!

Something like Dec 20 is what I heard a few times.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigorange said:

Horns seem to have some red to them...Gilas?

Giles are white compared those hills.  I’m guessing he was in or near the Kofas 

Keep at it. He will show up. Try to enjoy every moment of it. That unit has produced good sheep you will find the one that trips your zipper and it’s a great feeling.