Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

46A East?

More Pictures!  We know you have them!  That's just plain mean.....

• Like 2

Those are just some other rams we saw. We saw rams everyday except one. Between our group we saw 9 rams one day. Mostly all about the same size 150s. That one in the video was kinda cool looking we just thought he was too thin/young

Thanks to member cmiller I got the contact information early on to get access to the bombing range, which makes it easier to get to the north part of the unit. Was able to get in there the weekend before the hunt and the second weekend. We didn’t see any rams the first weekend but the second weekend we saw 6. 

060A6365-FA0D-4BDF-93D1-35015AC05053.jpeg

• Like 1

My friend Zack glassed it up the night before and we watched them till dark. We spread out and Zack found them again. We knew he wasn’t all that big but he looked mature enough. He had no upper teeth left. 

People have asked why didn’t see them scouting but found them hunting. I didn’t have access to the non wilderness roads they let you drive there until late November. I was having to walk many extra miles and the sheep bed early here and get up late. I think the heat also wasn’t helping me. Once we started getting out early and staying till last light we started seeing them.

This is such a badass thread. Major props to you guys for sticking it out and pulling out an awesome sheep.

In today’s world where everyone obsesses over score and hunting that has become so commercialized with everyone hiring team so-and-so to “make the most of their tag” it’s is awesome to see some dude’s just lace up, figure it out and get it done. Way to figure it out and stick with it.

Major props dude.

• Like 10

Thanks for taking us along for the ride man. I really looked forward to all of the updates. Proud of you guys for sticking it out and getting it done on a great ram after all the struggles

• Like 1