Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

46A East?

I feel kinda bad because I could have made it a lot more interesting and more updates here. But, I hadn’t seen that other hunter. I wasn’t sure how he was doing, I knew we were doing good and I didn’t really want him to catch wind and come over and hunt. It’s a big area but at the same time it wasn’t. As far the size goes, we had our chance at an over book Ram on the 5th day. 

I had a lot of help, all I really did was organize it and I got all the proper permits for us. I tried to get a jimmy johns size group but it ended up being my dad and I, along with 1-3 other dudes at a time. Wish2hunt, Len, Dave, Donnie, whom I have never met, went way out of their way to help us. And my 2 friends Justin and Zack also came a few days.  

this is what it looked like where I was glassing from all day, almost everyday. looking north 

B4774C91-6B38-4ED4-98AE-79E83E01A41E.jpeg

the pics make it look smaller and not steep, but its some steep rugged stuff. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I can assure you the road access they allowed us was utilized to the fullest. 

How did the other guy do?

6 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Are the Ram Burgers ready.😏 Congrats you guys did great!

Oh man, I got all these bags of 10 year old mutton I gotta grind. Still haven’t done the coues deer from November. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigorange said:

This has turned into my favorite thread in a while...just keep coming back to it. Again...great job and congrats!

Listen to this then. the first weekend on his way out Wish2hunt sends a pic of all the optics he was bringing. He said I’m bringing x amount of “glass.” 
  So the next weekend he hits me up and says he’s coming out, have a cocktail ready. I said cool. He said you guys need anything, I said no just bring your glass. 
  This guy shows up a couple hours later with a glass for me to pour a drink in. I about died laughing. I just meant the binos lmao 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Listen to this then. the first weekend on his way out Wish2hunt sends a pic of all the optics he was bringing. He said I’m bringing x amount of “glass.” 
  So the next weekend he hits me up and says he’s coming out, have a cocktail ready. I said cool. He said you guys need anything, I said no just bring your glass. 
  This guy shows up a couple hours later with a glass for me to pour a drink in. I about died laughing. I just meant the binos lmao 

Good stuff. If work and family stuff hadn’t gotten in the way I’d have been out there with my glass (both kinds) in hand too. 

4 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Good stuff. If work and family stuff hadn’t gotten in the way I’d have been out there with my glass (both kinds) in hand too. 

You would have been in some good company. These were the nicest dudes I’ve ever hunted with and all good hunters. Wish2hunt misses nothing. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

There’s a drinker by the hill in the flats. We saw a carp buck there. And then those are the growler mountains in the distance 

47E9FA42-97B4-410F-B9F2-02C13540CCC7.jpeg

I assume I’ll put in in 46a next year. I prefer the hard way 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I assume I’ll put in in 46a next year. I prefer the hard way 

46a west and 46b East are the meanest ones I’ve heard. we never really got into the growlers, suppose to be where the big ones are 

• Like 1