Western Hunter

Swarovski’s Newest Binocular: The NL Pure

The NL Pure is the first completely new binocular from Swarovski since the introduction of the EL back in…well… a long, long time ago. The EL has reigned supreme for closing in on two decades because no one could build a better binocular, so Swarovski did it. The new NL pure is that good, it […]

The post Swarovski’s Newest Binocular: The NL Pure appeared first on Western Hunter.

View the full article

dang, Now an old man that cant hardly see can spot a Deer a mile away if only I had those new Binos.  😲😷

Correct me if I am wrong, but the main improvement is a little better edge clarity? Seems like a small improvement for a significant price jump. Swaro may still reign king (I use Swaros and am a fan) but I think they need more than this marginal improvement. This certainly doesn't have me rushing to sell my 12x50 ELs to upgrade. The competition is closing the gap on Swarovski fast. 

6 hours ago, rossislider said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the main improvement is a little better edge clarity? Seems like a small improvement for a significant price jump. Swaro may still reign king (I use Swaros and am a fan) but I think they need more than this marginal improvement. This certainly doesn't have me rushing to sell my 12x50 ELs to upgrade. The competition is closing the gap on Swarovski fast. 

I've been waiting for meopta to make something comparable to the el12s.  I know they hold their own against the slc, but you have a suggestion for the best side by side to the els?

I have been considering pulling the trigger in some 15x56 SLCs. But this past season, I got to use a friend's 15x56 Zeiss Conquest. I'd say they were the closest thing to the 15x56 SLCs I have used. I went back and forth between the Conquests and my 12x50 ELs in multiple situations. Usually when I do that with other binos, I notice a big difference in clarity and light. But not so much with the Conquests. I was really impressed with Zeiss. I can get the Conquests for substantially less than the SLCs (almost half price) and may very well go that route. 

I won't be giving up my ELs any time soon. But with all 5 members of the family now hunting, I might be able to justify another high end pair to the lineup. In addition to my 12x50s ELs, we have some 10x42 Vortex Razors and a pair of 10x42 Vortex Diamondbacks (you know, for the kids). I think we need something more high powered next. I do use a Vortex Razor spotter. It definitely doesn't hold a candle to the Swaro 95. But I don't use it that much, and it definitely does the job I need it to for how little I use a spotter. 

• Like 1

Got a email from euro optics today and they had a pretty good price reduction on the EL's but only 2 sizes I think about $400 off probably because the release of the Pure's

On 7/1/2020 at 10:06 PM, Jasper17 said:

Got a email from euro optics today and they had a pretty good price reduction on the EL's but only 2 sizes I think about $400 off probably because the release of the Pure's

In the past the big reductions came out in the first quarter of the following year. With a midyear product introduction it makes the most sense take those losses on remaining inventory in December.