daverp

Results up on AZGF Portal.

I AM SHOCKED!  I got a 13a strip August archery tag!  There are only 15 tags.  I had a tag up there 5 years ago and scored a good buck.  This should be better because the are fewer tags this year. Let me know if anyone else scored this tag, it's nice to have a friendly neighbor way out on the strip.

Mark

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, bowsniper said:

I AM SHOCKED!  I got a 13a strip August archery tag!  There are only 15 tags.  I had a tag up there 5 years ago and scored a good buck.  This should be better because the are fewer tags this year. Let me know if anyone else scored this tag, it's nice to have a friendly neighbor way out on the strip.

Mark

Congrats and good luck!

On 7/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, naturebob said:

Well, I  Didn't Get Kaibab either. I thought tag # 45 was low enough too. Got 2nd choice 20B and being retitred now I will take My time and hopfully find a BIG one. Good luck all.................BOB!

Congrats on retirement Bob! The trucking days are over.

• Like 1

Mark time to enjoy life.  I will be 64 in 2 months. Have had way to many buddies pass on right after retirement or before. Iv'e worked since I was 15, time for fun . Going thru divorce now after 39 years is tough ,but I been hanging with a Gal I have known since kindergarten. Beautiful Lady and smart too. It will be a work in progress but I think in the long term I can capture Her. Last wife hated me hunting all the time. Buying some new Golf clubs too. Dad went to 98 last year ,but You never know. I am going to enjoy the rest of the Ride the good Lord gives me . Thanks .............BOB!

• Like 4

I got a unit 20A - any antlered deer rifle tag, 10/23 - 11/1. It was my first choice with 1 point. And it's in my back yard.

I also got a unit 8 & 10 turkey tag, 10/2 - 10/8. I saw some turkeys last year during my elk scout/hunt in unit #8 so 

that's where I'll be hunting.

Good luck gentlemen!

1 hour ago, naturebob said:

Mark time to enjoy life.  I will be 64 in 2 months. Have had way to many buddies pass on right after retirement or before. Iv'e worked since I was 15, time for fun . Going thru divorce now after 39 years is tough ,but I been hanging with a Gal I have known since kindergarten. Beautiful Lady and smart too. It will be a work in progress but I think in the long term I can capture Her. Last wife hated me hunting all the time. Buying some new Golf clubs too. Dad went to 98 last year ,but You never know. I am going to enjoy the rest of the Ride the good Lord gives me . Thanks .............BOB!

I thought you were talking about moving back east and trying to make it work out?

Middle son scored a doe hunt in 12AW.

That unit is just awesome. I can't wait. Might snow. Kinda hope it does. 

He's only got 1 youth hunt after this. We're going to make it count.

Hope the fire didn't get everything..

• Like 3

This has turned into a retirement thread. This May, after 39 years at Honeywell, I was laid off. I just decided to make it my retirement.  Just in time for my hunts.  After my strip tag, on the way home I'll stop off in 7E for an archery cow tag. The hunts are back to back.  It's a new feeling not having to limit your hunt because of work!

Mark                                                 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Jazz said:

See you up there, hopefully eating some yummy beef also while were there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

You are golden bro. You honestly dont need help, it's that easy.  

Not suggesting you need help to be clear.  I always wanted to put my kids in for this hunt but we always drew youth elk tags So never was really an option  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naturebob said:

Good to hear Bob, keep up the good spirit. 

• Like 1

Kev , that plan to go back East and make it work didnt materialize. Thank God . I couldn't live in Youngstown ,Ohio.  My new Friend , I grew up with in PA.  ,has the same name. Kathy so I will never screw up there. LOL . Just going to have to have a lot of patience. Sorry all for my life story . I will write a book You'll can read someday .LOL................BOB

33 minutes ago, naturebob said:

Kev , that plan to go back East and make it work didnt materialize. Thank God . I couldn't live in Youngstown ,Ohio.  My new Friend , I grew up with in PA.  ,has the same name. Kathy so I will never screw up there. LOL . Just going to have to have a lot of patience. Sorry all for my life story . I will write a book You'll can read someday .LOL................BOB

Just buy a lifetime license before you move. If it don't work out just have access to 2 states with great hunting.  I remember looking at my brother in laws buck in Ohio, so many points I lost count.  

Might go to visit ,But aint moving back there. I still have a lot of connections in Pa. if I wanna hunt back there. .ton of High School buddies I keep in touch with . The old Mobsters ,LOL Not kidding.  .I'm an Arizona boy....................BOB!

• Like 2