Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Looking for recommendations for a Pellet Smoker

17 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Fancy!! But that pizza says you have picky kids lol.

You would be correct. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Need to know what’s in that pie! That’s a beautiful crust, who gets credit, you or the wife?

That is my wife's masterpiece. It was a REALLY good chicken pot pie she made for my Dad and I for Father's Day. 

• Like 1

I have a Traeger 22 that gets used on a regular basis and I'm quite happy with. Haven't used the other brands mentioned so can't comment there. I recently had to replace the hot rod ignitor on mine and while looking at replacement parts I noticed that some parts (auger motor, hot rod, air fan, etc.) were interchangeable with Traeger and some Pit Boss models. I'm sure there's exceptions out there, but it surprised me that the components are interchangeable. Makes me wonder if there's much difference between brands.

I've had a pit boss classic for about 2 months and so far I've been pretty happy with it. The ability to slide the heat shield over to grill over an open flame is nice but I havent used that feature much. If you're gonna do much smoking you're gonna want to get a pellet tube to add some extra smoke but that's true for many of the different brands. I feel like it's a great grill of you're looking for a budget friendly option but if I had more money to spend I probably would have looked closer at the rec tec or higher end camp chef models. 

I have been using a Yoder for 8 or 9 years and it is still running great. Cant beat the american made thicker steel construction. Gilbert fireplaces & BBQ (Gilbert & Warner) became an authorized dealer last year. They are a little more expensive than your Traegers, green mountain and pit bosses but like meatu said definitely a step up. They all come pre-assembled from Yoder but they are heavy 300 + pounds of solid steel.

• Like 1