Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

12AW snow fall and driving

56 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

i have a 2 seater 4wd quad you are welcome to borrow. You are young so the cold shouldn't bother you.

Heck of a generous offer. Kid you should take him up on this.  All we ask is for lots of pictures!

Sir give me a call. I spend a great deal off time up there on that hunt. I can give you a few spots and some info that might just save you a bunch of trouble Dave 602-228-1719

• Like 5

I’ll be up there on this hunt....I’ll do what I can to help you....I’ll be up two weeks before the hunt starts we only have one tag to fill and it’s a 73 yr old gentleman with cancer. It more then likely will be his last hunt before he looses his battle with it....

red- my youth hunters got drawn for up there. I will be going up for that hunt.  the deer move. where they are in august , oct and November is different. 

I have hunted 12aw many times. you can see Lance's pics. when you get that weather the hunting is awesome. I can remember my first late elk hunt, I was young under capitalized. this was way before gore tex. clothing and good boots are important. I would rather have your tag/ hunt than any other . 

2 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

I’ll be up there on this hunt....I’ll do what I can to help you....I’ll be up two weeks before the hunt starts we only have one tag to fill and it’s a 73 yr old gentleman with cancer. It more then likely will be his last hunt before he looses his battle with it....

Dam dude. Hunts for heroes tag or something similar?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

i have a 2 seater 4wd quad you are welcome to borrow. You are young so the cold shouldn't bother you.

That sounds amazing. I pay cash and deer meat. PM if you can! I am not sure how to start a pm

3 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

Sir give me a call. I spend a great deal off time up there on that hunt. I can give you a few spots and some info that might just save you a bunch of trouble Dave 602-228-1719

Gotcha! I have a lot of stuff tomorrow to do such as work and I dont wanna interrupt your 4th! I can give you a call sunday afternoon! Thank you!

17 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Lance, how close to 200" is that dude?  Gotta be 195" ish...

196 3/8".  Biggest deer in the house by 20".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

Make sure you call Dave.  He is a wealth of 12AW knowledge.

No I’ve only met the man one time several yrs ago on a late elk hunt  in unit 23....But he is a lifelong friend of a very good friend of mine who lives in Oregon and when I was asked if I could help with information for the hunt I decide to just donate an full camp/hunt in hopes that in some small way I could help him enjoy what will more then likely be his last hunt....It’s my understanding that my buddy and he will drive down from Oregon a few days before the hunt and he thinks if we don’t push to hard he can hunt for 4/5 days given his illness.....

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, azelkhunter2 said:

No I’ve only met the man one time several yrs ago on a late elk hunt  in unit 23....But he is a lifelong friend of a very good friend of mine who lives in Oregon and when I was asked if I could help with information for the hunt I decide to just donate an full camp/hunt in hopes that in some small way I could help him enjoy what will more then likely be his last hunt....It’s my understanding that my buddy and he will drive down from Oregon a few days before the hunt and he thinks if we don’t push to hard he can hunt for 4/5 days given his illness.....

Wow! That is awesome! I really hope it goes well for you folks! You both deserve it!