Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Ashurst Lake

57 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Is the road open to Ashurst? My son and I are looking to go there fishing tomorrow morning.

Yes fished the 2 weeks ago everything was open watch out for crowds though was very packed with campers

The road is open and Ashurst has been liberally stocked in the last couple of weeks.  Its a crazy weekend, but holler if you need something when you're up here.  You're about 20-25 minutes from my house.

• Like 1

Well we trolled the lake for almost two hours and only caught one fat 14 incher on a chartreuse and orange crawdad crank bait. It jumped twice and algae is the worst I've ever seen it. We left and went to Lake Mary and struck out. One the way back to Pine there was a fire that was 100 yards from the road in a stand of trees burning pretty good and had burned about 1/2 an acre. I called it in and they were already on it.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Well we trolled the lake for almost two hours and only caught one fat 14 incher on a chartreuse and orange crawdad crank bait. It jumped twice and algae is the worst I've ever seen it. We left and went to Lake Mary and struck out. One the way back to Pine there was a fire that was 100 yards from the road in a stand of trees burning pretty good and had burned about 1/2 an acre. I called it in and they were already on it.

Ya its smoking up star galley pretty good..

23 hours ago, IA Born said:

The road is open and Ashurst has been liberally stocked in the last couple of weeks.  Its a crazy weekend, but holler if you need something when you're up here.  You're about 20-25 minutes from my house.

I need a pizza delivered!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Ya its smoking up star galley pretty good..

That's from the fire out on Doll Baby. We were on our way to Bashas and about 5 miles north of Payson there was a 2 car accident after we passed it I told my son to turn around and we would get some steaks in Pine at there market. If we were to continue to Bashas it would be hours in traffic getting back to Pine.