Sign in to follow this  
andrewmilich

need a solid mechanic to help get daughters car fixed for emissions test....argh

Some drive cycles are a PIA to complete (especially EVAP ones). Your fuel level might need be between 2 selected spots, might have to sit for a certain time, some cars you can follow specific steps to get it done quick but that is hard to do and still might take 20-30 of driving a very specific way. It could also be the computer. Why not take it to the dealer?

It’s to hot to do the EVAP test,  the vehicle won’t even try to run that test due to the outside temp. What other monitor are you missing? You can run it through with everything but the evap done.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:26 PM, andrewmilich said:

No but this is a girls car for sure.  Just trying to help your son out.  honest salesman

TRUCK.  Cars suck...as both my boys learned the hard way.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, ctracingraptor said:

It’s to hot to do the EVAP test,  the vehicle won’t even try to run that test due to the outside temp. What other monitor are you missing? You can run it through with everything but the evap done.

Hrt is the only other one

• Like 1

theres no codes but theres more than 1 inc monitor? did i read it right? is the battery shorting out or something causing the monitors to reset before it can cycle? 

i had this happen once with a car and it was the thermostat, apparently the computer didnt know it was at proper operating temp and it wouldnt clear a couple monitors. 

• Like 1

Take it to Grant at Scottsdale Pro Tech. He is so honest he won't do all 4 brakes if there is 25% left on the back Pain in the butt but he is good at what he does.

• Like 1