Anyone have suggestions on new 5 gallon gas cans? I need to replace some old gas cans (plastic has gotten brittle and about to crack), but the new gas cans I'm seeing all have some sort of cumbersome safety nozzle on them. The last 5 gal can I bought was a joke. You have to hold down a lever to make the gas flow while holding the can up, and has a vent in the nozzle that doesn't work very well so the flow was a trickle at best. It took about 10 minutes to empty a 5 gallon can. It seems like buying a gas can ought to be a simple thing, but trying to find some without the safety nozzle is proving difficult. Does anybody still make a gas can with a regular nozzle?

If you search racing fuel can you can find them without the horrible safety features. You can order those online or atv shops usually carry them.

Man the “new” cans with safety nozzles really suck. Makes me miss the old metal cans we used for filling lawnmowers when I was a kid. LoL

11 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Man the “new” cans with safety nozzles really suck. Makes me miss the old metal cans we used for filling lawnmowers when I was a kid. LoL

Right , we only buy the cans I posted above because you have to have three arms to use the new ones 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Right , we only buy the cans I posted above because you have to have three arms to use the new ones 

At a glance all I see is 5-gal...do you know if they make any smaller? I usually just carry a 1-gal for generator and that’s usually double what I need...

Rotopax but they are a little pricey. I think they also sell replacement nozzles for the new style cans. 

It doesnt take much of a mechanic to undo the idiot valves.  Unless you are one of the people who they made the valves for.  LOL 😷

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

At a glance all I see is 5-gal...do you know if they make any smaller? I usually just carry a 1-gal for generator and that’s usually double what I need...

We use the metal 1 gallon cans for our chainsaw fuel. We buy a gallon of pre mix fuel and then refill the cans.