Tikka

Left Over List

3 minutes ago, kodaman said:

Someone mentioned it earlier I think it’s a social media thing, people see big antlers and and want to go out for it. Which I don’t have a problem with but hopefully the left overs can back to where they were in a couple years. 

I don’t think it’s going to happen, with limited tags throughout the west... 

it’s a sad thing and I feel for the young generations...

Just now, Eagle mountain ranch said:

Don't forget about the anti folks buying up tags. ?? 

🍺 🍺 🍺😊

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I don’t want to hunt on this planet

well sure but...extensive surveys of the Milky Way have established that Arizona is home to the finest bull elk and coues deer in the galaxy.  have not seen anything on andromeda surveys yet...............

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kodaman said:

Lol won’t disagree with that but it’s for school only so it’s not forever. 

Nope. even if you graduate you are stuck with a uofa degree. FOREVER.

Not worth it.

lol

• Like 1

Pfff - nevermind. There are 500 leftovers for 10,000 applicants. My dad tells me all the time “back in the day, we’d go buy our December coues rifle tags over the counter”. Don’t want to know what it will look like in another 25 years😷.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eagle mountain ranch said:

Don't forget about the anti folks buying up tags. ?? 

I wonder what the percentage is of the tags that that don't make it to the field, due to anti's buying them, work, thinking the unit you drew sucks and don't want to waste time and gas?

Just now, 10Turkeys said:

I wonder what the percentage is of the tags that that don't make it to the field, due to anti's buying them, work, thinking the unit you drew sucks and don't want to waste time and gas?

I would guess for some units and hunts at least 25%. 

15 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

You always here the theory's about antis putting in but I don't buy it. It would mean they would have to purchase a license and pay for a tag and they know that money would go to supporting the very thing they despise.  I'm sure there are tag holders that don't go on their hunts for various reasons though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JVS said:

Pfff - nevermind. There are 500 leftovers for 10,000 applicants. My dad tells me all the time “back in the day, we’d go buy our December coues rifle tags over the counter”. Don’t want to know what it will look like in another 25 years😷.

In the day....leftover tags were handed out at AZGFD regional offices, first come first serve.

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

In the day....leftover tags were handed out at AZGFD regional offices, first come first serve.

Yep. Whats up with the masquerade emoji $hit.

15 minutes ago, Edge said:

Second draw, third draw and then over the counter. I bet a lot of tags went into the shredder.