Tikka

Left Over List

14 hours ago, grey curse said:

For all you guys Drooling over the single 24b tag, it’s already gone. Just looked up the otc list on G&F site.  How does that happen

LOL Lame & Fishy put that out just so idiots will pay the App. fee to get it.😷

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, CouesPursuit said:

This thread seems to have all the answers, just a combination of the increase in population and/or good hunter recruitment and/or new "types" of hunters, better technology, and social media making early season hunts just as desirable, etc. Hunting does seem to be a fad for various reasons right now.

Are non-residents causing leftover problems if there is a 10% NR cap?

A thought I've shared here before - before it gets taken away entirely, OTC archery should be residents only. AZ protects its draw tags for residents, why not OTC? ($ for now, I know)

Exactly right!!! 

There are way to many NR OTC archery deer hunters and more every year. A lot of them spend weeks or more here. Why go back to winter weather with nothing to do in the rest of the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomC said:

LOL Lame & Fishy put that out just so idiots will pay the App. fee to get it.😷

You only have to pay the app fee for a leftover tag if you get drawn for the tag

• Like 1

My guess for the mysterious 24b tag is someone had that listed as a choice and didn't get drawn so they called g&f out on it so they either gave them the tag or pulled it from the list so they didn't have to explain how they messed up their draw.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, missedagain said:

My guess for the mysterious 24b tag is someone had that listed as a choice and didn't get drawn so they called g&f out on it so they either gave them the tag or pulled it from the list so they didn't have to explain how they messed up their draw.

this. last year i had that choice down as my 3rd and i got my card hit on the wednesday right before they posted results. 

4 hours ago, azbow said:

Exactly right!!! 

There are way to many NR OTC archery deer hunters and more every year. A lot of them spend weeks or more here. Why go back to winter weather with nothing to do in the rest of the country.

This is very true, I forgot about these Guys. You read  alot on nationwide websites ,people talking about going to AZ. in January for the rut and to get out of nasty weather. They are taking our deer and its a cash cow for Game & Fish. All though probly not to many kill coues cause they don't know w to hunt them!.............BOB!

19 hours ago, naturebob said:

Yup I remember when there was a zillion Coues tags . You could always get a late hunt too! 36's had a ton of tags leftover. Now to many people put in there Grandma There aunt and cousins and kids that don't care about hunting. That and simple fact that arizona Population goes up 100K every year. I was never a fan of hunter recruitment. To many allready. Thank You, call Me selfish.  ..Cat fish Kev, How many points You have now.............BOB!

I'm sitting on like 7.  Too many to waste and not enough for what I want.  I think I've decided against 12a late rifle and I'm just gonna go for strip archery.  Im an archery guy anyway and I'm just not impressed with what i see on the kaibab archery hunts.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

all i ever hear is hunter recruitment is low. but that is obviously a big league lie. 

Its all about the machine. 

I'm gonna start a new band. I'm thinking something like "Rage against the AZGAF machine"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm sitting on like 7.  Too many to waste and not enough for what I want.  I think I've decided against 12a late rifle and I'm just gonna go for strip archery.  Im an archery guy anyway and I'm just not impressed with what i see on the kaibab archery hunts.  

I'm at 11 and I can't catch up to the archery strip points. They creep up one every year. 11 points is a weird place to be. A long ways out from drawing the strip. I could draw a 27 late December Muley tag but I feel like I would rather just be archery hunting down south in December. I could draw most any late December coues tag. But Ive got almost double the amount of points necessary for the units I would want. No more leftovers so maybe the dynamics will change in our favor. Doubt it though. 

4 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

With a pocket full of shells?

Is there any other way? I rally round the family too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, creed_az_88 said:

I'm at 11 and I can't catch up to the archery strip points. They creep up one every year. 11 points is a weird place to be. A long ways out from drawing the strip. I could draw a 27 late December Muley tag but I feel like I would rather just be archery hunting down south in December. I could draw most any late December coues tag. But Ive got almost double the amount of points necessary for the units I would want. No more leftovers so maybe the dynamics will change in our favor. Doubt it though. 

Kamren drew 12a west with one point.  Get the rope. 

11 Points is my magic #.  I drew late 12 A West with 11 2 years ago, and 3 and a half Years ago I drew a Goulds Turkey tag with 11 points. I drew a early rifle Bull tag in unit 1 in 1996 with over 6k applicants for 50 tags. My daughter drew an early rifle bull tag about 15 years ago when She was in college at ASU ( GO DEVILS ) with only 4 points. So it can be had. Just gotta play the game. I hunted outta state a lot and Mexico 5 times in the mean time. so I could still hunt. Good Luck in Future tags Guys, Keep at it.....................BOB!

• Like 2